Limmy's Show

jamamafegan

I just don't get it. His comedy is massively derivative and what isn't can only be called comedy in loose terms. He is also extremely annoying, imo.

Fair play, he's making money out of it, but I

just don't understand how this was commissioned for one series let alone others.

Genuine question, what age are you?

I do feel it probably appeals to a younger crowd. If my dad watched it he'd no doubt think it was total shite.

Genuine question, what age are you?

I do feel it probably appeals to a younger crowd. If my dad watched it he'd no doubt think it was total shite.

You see I would agree that there has to be an age element, but anyone that knows me knows that I am "hardly out of touch", with my sister and family generally lost when I'm talking to my 18yo niece about stuff.

In this case I just think it's the humour (or imo, the lack of it). What people here seem to be falling all over themselves about I just don't find funny and I don't think that is age related.

I don't think it's any great shock that people don't find it funny. I don't find Michael McIntyre funny yet he plays to venues full of thousands of people lapping it up. The same applies to most of the sitcoms or comedy panel shows on BBC1. It's a matter of taste.

Both myself and my wife are in our forties and love the humour in Limmy's Show so I don't think it's necessarily an age thing. If anything I think his comedy is probably less juvenile than most other sketch shows

Well he got a reaction out of you, you've got to give him that. You gave him exactly what he wanted, you played right into his hands

Not really, I see him I switch off, that's not playing into the hands of anyone other than the other channel I switch to.

laugh.gif

'triffic.

I don't think it's any great shock that people don't find it funny. I don't find Michael McIntyre funny yet he plays to venues full of thousands of people lapping it up.

He is very poor, that is true and in truth I would rate him alongside Limmy in terms of enjoyment, but you have a point. However I can see why people find him funny even if he isn't. I just can't see what is funny about Limmy. It's the same as that Tank Commander thing, it's equally gash yet Scots seem to lap it up. That and Mrs Brown's boys which is a heinous crime to comedy.

If anything I think his comedy is probably less juvenile than most other sketch shows

Really? I find the subjects he chooses to be pretty juvenile. People laughing at the "Shit, it's all shit" sketch for example. That's nothing more than what some spotty teenager would think.

Apologies it was a line from a sketch on Monday nights show

I can't believe he didn't get it!

:rolleyes:

It's the same as that Tank Commander thing, it's equally gash yet Scots seem to lap it up. That and Mrs Brown's boys which is a heinous crime to comedy.

That's the scottish way, I've often said that scots like something purely because it is scottish regardless of whether it is actually any good or not.

That's the scottish way, I've often said that scots like something purely because it is scottish regardless of whether it is actually any good or not.

Or alternatively he just doesn't get it in the same way I don't 'get' the appeal of Michael McIntyre or Miranda. Just because you don't think it's funny doesn't mean it's not to others.