MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

has there been a sweeter KO in the UFC. As you say after her pish at the weigh in she got what she deserved. Looked a complete novice.

Aye, Anderson Silva getting his lights put out by Weidman when taunting him was fucking beautiful justice. I'm a Silva fan but his goading of Weidman made that ko hysterical.

Waterson out of her fight against Tecia at 194, hopefully there aren't any more injuries. The card really does look great even outwith the main event.

Where does everyone keep up to date with what's happening in MMA? I've recently started looking on MMAJunkie.com but not sure if there are any better sites out there.

So, there are some pretty big fights coming up over the next couple of weeks.

I actually think there's a lot of value in the betting right now.

Rose Namajunas is 6/4 to PVZ's 4/7 which I think is ridiculous considering PVZ hasn't really beaten anyone of note.

Aldo has shortened from 6/4 to 11/8 but it still seems like a ridiculous price for him.

And Mendes is 7/5 to beat Edgar. I personally think that fight is a complete 50/50 and the reason Mendes is that price is due to Conor beating him, but we all know the 'two week camp' excuse so, again, I think the odds are a little generous on him.

I'll be putting that treble on, works out at 13.25/1. I don't think it's a stick on by any means but I think those prices stand out as decent value.

I understand the momentum behind Mcgregor and reckon he should just about do it, but to me Aldo is still favourite going into that fight.

Still raging about Calderwood's injury to be honest. Not her fault but was an exciting fight. Not got much interest in Namajunas v Van Zaint, although I really want to see Van Zaint get a doing.

Ronda apparently lost because she was exhausted due to personal reasons.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/4/9846656/dana-white-ronda-rousey-admitted-she-was-exhausted-going-into-holly

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

It's easy to speculate on why she lost. I'd argue it's the first time she went against a truly world class striker and her corner gave her the wrong instruction, however it isn't out of this world to suggest she was pretty burnt out. Her media obligations and interest in her life is, with the exception of McGregor and maybe Jones, above and beyond any other fighter on the go.

Dana White is a complete throbber over everything, seeing as he is actually a complete throbber.

Fucking a. He's an amusing character at times, but an absolute p***k of a man all in all. Comes across fairly shady also.

Remember when they claimed it was for the benefit of everyone? Despite a large nunber of the guys slating it. I still get a chuckle out of hin calling Brendan Schaub a liar about how much he made from sponsors, only to be made to look a complete arse when Schaub disclosed his sponsorship deals.

The fighters are being bent over and you can guarantee the UFC are making a pretty penny out of the deal.

Me and my mate have just got tickets for 194 next weekend. Flying out to Vegas on Friday and come back Monday. Can't wait for it.

Seething with jealously.

Enjoy that, couldn't have picked a better one to head to Vegas for. Did you get tickets face value? If so how much did they cost?