MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Kavanagh and Helwani have both tweeted saying it's not trolling and seemingly trying to confirm it.

Seems odd but he's probably not short of cash. Don't know if he's been affected by the whole carvalho situation.

Was the first thing I thought of when I heard. Being ringside and seeing something like that might have just convinced him that he's better off healthy, happy and rich than fighting and putting his well being at risk.

Guess we'll find out soon enough. Dana will be inconsolable if he dies retire, so for that reason alone I hope it's true.

WWE bound, that's my prediction.

No chance. He would have to do multiple years of training just to become even passable, and WWE won't pay him the money he would demand for someone with zero experience in the industry.

For what it's worth I'm pretty sure he will at least fight at 200 once Dana throws on an extra few million, and going forward he will continue to fight.

If it is anything to do with the death in Ireland then the Initial shock and worry will possibly die down in time.

No chance. He would have to do multiple years of training just to become even passable, and WWE won't pay him the money he would demand for someone with zero experience in the industry.

For what it's worth I'm pretty sure he will at least fight at 200 once Dana throws on an extra few million, and going forward he will continue to fight.

If it is anything to do with the death in Ireland then the Initial shock and worry will possibly die down in time.

Conor would absolutely not have to do 'years of training' to appear in WWE. He can do all the show-y capoeira stuff on command and has mic skills that (dare I say) literally nobody in the WWE even has right now? Do you think it's more difficult for Conor to go to WWE or for CM Punk to go to the UFC? 

He won't fight at 200. Dana has announced that he's been pulled from the card.

I personally don't think it has anything to do with the death in Ireland... it seems to be more a money/contract dispute thing than anything else. Conor apparently didn't agree to appear for a press conference this week. 

Maybe a power/ego struggle? White trying to put McGregor in his place, McGregor telling him to GTF. This will blow over, it suits neither Conor nor the UFC. Unless Conor's head really is out of it due to the Diaz loss and other things.

If it is White throwing his weight around due to the press conference thing, he's right that everyone has to appear, but he'd do well to remember the so far beyond reasonable shifts Conor put in promoting both Aldo fights.

EDIT: Hmmm, latest is that Conor wanted $10m for UFC200, UFC said no, Conor says he's retired. Lots of bluffing and bluff-calling here, this shit will get sorted. Or Bellator buying out his contract would be epic scenes.

Edited by banana

Highly unlikely but imagine it was just a massive heads gone from losing to Diaz? Bizarre situation all in though but I guess he isn't like many other fighters. I've never seen any fighter have the promotion quite by the balls as him.

Maybe, just maybe, he's had enough. He's made a lot of money in a really short career and his is a profession you don't want to spend any longer in than you have to. Fair fucks to Conor if he never fights again.

Dana just calling his bluff here I think. Not doing press conferences and helping promote the biggest MMA event of all time when you're the main event?!! WTF!

Trying to be bigger than the UFC and failing miserably IMO. Hope he gets fucking destroyed by whoever he fights next, can't see it being Diaz.