MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

I have absolutely no desire to see Henderson-Evans, I hope to f**k that's not the main event. I wonder if they're planning Cruz-Barao for that one actually, would near enough match up timing wise. Having some big names supporting would possibly aid the drawing power which would likely be low too.

Seems to be suggestion that the 161 main event will be the rearranged Mighty Mouse-Moraga fight.

Would be a good idea. Putting title fights like that on cards stacked with big names is always a good idea.

I fucking hate watching Struve. He should be cutting his way through the HW division yet continuously fucks it up.

He's still young at 25 but he continues to make stupid mistakes which he shouldn't be doing after so many fights. Credit to Mark Hunt for a decent performance but Struve should be beating him comfortably. It can't be easy getting punched in the face by Mark Hunt but there's no excuse for him to be so gassed at the start of the third round. Some of the punches leading to the KO were like they were in slow motion.

Would be a good idea. Putting title fights like that on cards stacked with big names is always a good idea.

Agreed, it'll be good exposure for the division. Quite a step up for Moraga from being the first Facebook fight last time out to headlining a PPV with Shogun and Hendo on it!

Barao-Wineland and Silva-Weidman confirmed for 161 and 162 respectively.

Barao-Wineland is a hell of a fight but UFC have a decision to make on Dominick Cruz. How long should Barao keep having to defend an interim strap?

Right, Bellator thoughts.

Popo Bezerra vs. Mike Richman

They had an amusing bust up at the weigh ins that seemed to stem from... well... nothing. Richman basically survived in this round, as Bezerra looked for the choke and had the body triangle locked in. He might have saved himself from a 10-8 score with the choke attempt early in the round, but Bezerra basically owned him there. Richman dominated the second on the feet in a big way, and Bezerra just let far too many left hands through, and the damage done could clearly be seen. The third round... I'd probably give it to Richman just, thanks to Bezerra doing too much, and Richman wound up finding his way back into the third round and it was a dramatic and quality final round. The entire fight was really enjoyable to watch, and I wouldn't begrudge either guy the win, but I thought the right guy won in the end.

Dan Cramer vs. Brett Cooper

It was beginning to look like a 10-8 first round for Cramer to me, but Cooper saved it with a good turn at the end. Wasn't the most exciting of rounds. The second round was a lot of clinch work, and it had a level of intrigue because of the way it went. Cooper hit a couple of cracking counter rights, but Cramer was the aggressor and definitely landed the more significant strikes. You're probably looking at 20-18 in the fight so far. So... how does it end? Dan Cramer continues the work, right? Wrong. Because Cooper eventually lands one of them crazy uppercuts and puts Cramer into all sorts of shit and got the KO. Cooper came out with intent in the third round, and while Cramer didn't defend nearly well enough against that uppercut, it was still a dramatic comeback and fun to see.

Sultan Aliev vs. Doug Marshall

I have no idea how Doug Marshall wins this fight. I just don't. The moron commentator gives the second round to Marshall, even though he landed one big head kick and then got took down over and over again. Which apparently wins you fights these days. Aliev did what he needed to do with a guy who has insane power in his strikes. Doesn't help that I dislike Marshall a great deal, but he at least acknowledged the relentless style of Aliev and put over how tough the guy is, so fair enough. Should still be out though.

Frodo Khasbulaev vs. Marlon Sandro

Never do like when people do the whole tough gloves and then gets in a cheap shot. Which means he gets no leeway from me for the late punch at the end of the first either. Basically, the man is a cheat. Can't take away the grace with which he fought in this one though. The way he transitioned into submissions and good positions was just incredible at times. He was also tough as nails to survive the knee to the balls, and a hell of a choke attempt. Sandro was tough himself dealing with big submissions. I'm not sure Sandro had much in him going into the third round so I don't know if the cheap shot made much of a difference, he was fucked anyways. It was a cracking wee fight which was marred by incidents.

So Mark Hunt vs Junior Dos Santos

That should be fun. Unashamedly a fan of Hunt & I think he's got a chance if Junior doesn't fight smart & take it to the mat to show off those BJJ skills he's meant to have. But it's a small chance. Still looking forward to it.

Bamma is live on that 5* channel tonight, 8 or half 8 it is, (really is live this time)

Cage warriors is also live streaming on (i think) MMAjunkie tonight as well