MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Not a chance JDS is a better striker than Hunt. At best you can say they are about even.

I'm totally unashamedly a Hunt fan.

Absolute fanboy nonsense in my book, but we'll agree to disagree and hope for a good scrap.

He's a joke, and probably reflects badly on the entire sport.

Does anybody outside the MMA "bubble" actually know who Nick Diaz is? I mean casual fans don't watch press conferences or listen to conference calls. They'll watch the fights & at most maybe check a news site on the odd occasion. He gets hardcores going with his odd stream-of-conciousness rants but I'm not convinced Diaz is well known enough to reflect badly on the sport. Now if he beats GSP & is suddenly a UFC champ, that's a different matter.

Paddy Power are offering a good few more markets on this than usual, hopefully this will continue. Markets for KO/Sub/Fight of the Night. Daron Cruickshank at 33/1 for KO of the night looks huge to me, he won it in his last fight and tries a lot of crazy stuff.

Check out this incoherent embarrassing rabble. Maybe it's a good reason for Diaz to miss press conferences.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/18502-full-video-ufc-158-pre-event-press-conference

I honestly don't know whether to laugh at Diaz or feel sorry for him. He's clearly been punched in the head too many times.

Paddy Power are offering a good few more markets on this than usual, hopefully this will continue. Markets for KO/Sub/Fight of the Night. Daron Cruickshank at 33/1 for KO of the night looks huge to me, he won it in his last fight and tries a lot of crazy stuff.

That's an insane price following his last performance in the octagon. Will get on that for sure.

Nah I disagree, if a guy is able to control the fight then that's fine by me. You have to stop someone who's doing it effectively.

Totally agree, it's a fundamental part of the game. I think the whole reason Diaz even brought it up was to try lure GSP into a stand up fight with him.

I see GSP taking Diaz down for most of the fight and contolling it from there. Diaz is dangerous off his back, but so was Shields and GSP controlled him.

Totally agree, it's a fundamental part of the game. I think the whole reason Diaz even brought it up was to try lure GSP into a stand up fight with him.

I see GSP taking Diaz down for most of the fight and contolling it from there. Diaz is dangerous off his back, but so was Shields and GSP controlled him.

I think that's what will happen too. I think if anyone's going to beat GSP it will be because they are a powerful striker and they take advantage of an opening he leaves with one huge strike. Diaz is a very good boxer but it's volume instead of power that's so effective for him. Even if it were to stay standing I could see GSP winning.

The key thing about the stand up is, as has been said, Diaz throws volumes and if you stand infront of him he will catch you. There's no fucking chance GSP will just stand in front of him and make himself a target, And if Diaz does get within range I can't see GSP not managing to take him down.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7