MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Really good day of it all, great atmosphere, lots of drinks being thrown, laughter, tears, a lady getting the Finland flag confused with the Scottish flag was my personal highlight.

Irish Joe Duffy is one to watch.

Duffy is also training at Tristar. Could do well.

That was better than I expected. Had a great time even before I looked behind me at the 8,000 people behind.

Stevie Ray's win was really special, , even Whiteford getting a surprise ko was bedlam. Calderwood got the win which is all that matters, however she needs to up a game seriously to have any staying power in this promotion.

Must say that was easily the best live event I've been to in my life. The fights weren't even that great but seeing that octagon and the absolute athletes that they are compete in it was special. Have seen many great things live but that tops the lot.

JoJo's fight in particular was amazing. I was the instigator of that Flower of Scotland chant the first time round... Absolute scenes.

Jo-Jo said in the post-fight that she wanted a test so went a bit bananas. She was definitely enjoying the war, but yeah she really has to step it up if she wants to be considered a contender again. Surprised two judges gave her the 1st round, I thought it was clear Casey round on the verge of a 10-8! Got the f**k beat out of her on the feet and on the ground.

Bisping fight one of those where the one guy does most damage and most pressing, but round scoring does him over. Bisping clear 4th and 5th imo and toss up in the 1st, though again not sure where one judge found only one round for Leites.

Crackin stuff from Ray, and Duffy looks the biz. Pearson easily outdone by a very crafty Dunham. Dat armbar, tho :wacko:

Atmosphere sounded fantastic!

It's time for her to move camp, she needs something new that will test herself. How Pearson's arm isn't broken is a mystery. Couldn't watch JoJo's fight after the first few minutes in the first round, she look rattled, I gave the first round to Casey-Sanchez.

It's time for her to move camp, she needs something new that will test herself. How Pearson's arm isn't broken is a mystery. Couldn't watch JoJo's fight after the first few minutes in the first round, she look rattled, I gave the first round to Casey-Sanchez.

I think she just needs settled consistency. Imagine that'll happen now being at the Grip permanently, however you look at the positive effect going abroad has had on Ray and Whiteford and suppose there's a case for her training in the US.

I think she just needs settled consistency. Imagine that'll happen now being at the Grip permanently, however you look at the positive effect going abroad has had on Ray and Whiteford and suppose there's a case for her training in the US.

. Didn't she have a lot of trouble with this camp? I remember hearing about issues with her and her fiancée?

. Didn't she have a lot of trouble with this camp? I remember hearing about issues with her and her fiancée?

Sort of. She was dating her coach James Doolan who is predominantly at Higher Level but is sometimes at the Grip, but they split up and she trained in Sweden for her last fight. Then returned to the Grip for this fight. The Griphouse and Higher Level are sister gyms so causes some conflict but think they've made arrangements so that she mostly avoids Doolan being at the Grip full time.

Only heard rumours from about but looks like he was doing the dirty on her. Announced split and instantly posted on Facebook he was in a relationship with some other lass. Obviously not great stuff to have when preparing for a fight.