MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Actuallly, Christophe - I noticed you had a lot to say about Dillashaw's performance. What do you reckon about his chances with Dominic Cruz? I listened to a Cruz interview with Ariel Halwani where he basically said TJ copied his style and such? Everyone I see says TJ has blown the MMA talent out the water and loved his ability to switch stances against Barao.

D'you reckon TJ is taking MMA to the next level or do you think Cruz will school him at his own game?

That's an absolute up in the air fight if ever there was one. Before Cruz-Mizugaki i'd have said he'd been too long out of the game but to come back after 3 years and do that was a devastating performance. If he can bring that intensity to it after a second lay off then i'm probably edging towards Cruz. Hell of a fight though!

That's an absolute up in the air fight if ever there was one. Before Cruz-Mizugaki i'd have said he'd been too long out of the game but to come back after 3 years and do that was a devastating performance. If he can bring that intensity to it after a second lay off then i'm probably edging towards Cruz. Hell of a fight though!

Cheers for your thoughts man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7wdcc3o0FET

What I found interesting about that interview was that Cruz wasn't really smack-talking. He seemed to just be assessing the situation and wasn't in any way overawed by TJ's performance. I think it's a proper title fight that really will warrant any build up it gets. In fact, I don't think it'll get the attention it deserves due to the weight class. I'm really, really looking forward to them two going at it. Cruz seems to be a proper fight analyst... I'd even go far as to say that fight-scientist wouldn't be hyperbole.

Not sure i'd lump the straw in with that tbh. It's an infant division so fighters aren't having to do much to get the shot as displayed the last couple of title fights. Gadelha gave the champ a hell of a fight last time round before she won the strap though so expect a much more competitive title bout if they go again after the eliminator tonight.

You're bang on in regards to the strawweights. It gets a little leeway due to being so new and will take a bit to develop. Think Jedrzejczyk has developed even further since the last Gadhela fight though and has that belt for a while. Guess a black belt somehow getting her to the mat would see her champion skill tested though.

Bantamweights on the other hand? Well what next? Part of me loves watching Rousey as she has that superhuman aspect, but it's starting to get a bit boring for me. Can't say I enjoy fights where the outcome is not in doubt each time. Even if Cyborg magically made Bantamweight, without being juiced to high heavens, there would still only be one winner.