MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

So basically, the gobshite has coming running back with his tail between his legs.

100% This.

Still got a feeling Dana will fold but would be funny to see him name a new headliner. Gonna be Jones-Cormier if Jones comes through his fight this weekend I think.

I can't help but agree with his point of view. I remember years ago in boxing when Naseem Hamed took his eye off the ball in a big way, allowed his brothers to turn his career into a side show and forced out his training team and Frank Maloney. They were so preoccupied with making him a celebrity they completely disregarded Marco Antonio Barrera and he was leathered. Similar situation with Lewis vs Rahman in South Africa which was duly noted and rectified by the rematch.

Whilst McGregor is a huge draw I can completely get where he is coming from. Both of their biggest stars have lost and lost in devastating circumstances in recent times.

1) McGregor will be contractually obliged to do all press stuff.

2) He's not being asked to do anything that anyone else on this main card or other main cards are asked to do.

He's crying over spilled milk and the UFC have called him on it. There is absolutely no chance UFC would go in to their biggest show since UFC 100 without their top star doing the press conferences.

1) McGregor will be contractually obliged to do all press stuff.

2) He's not being asked to do anything that anyone else on this main card or other main cards are asked to do.

He's crying over spilled milk and the UFC have called him on it. There is absolutely no chance UFC would go in to their biggest show since UFC 100 without their top star doing the press conferences.

At the end of the day you're absolutely bang on. But to his credit he has done a significant amount more press than any other fighter except for maybe Rousey. You can see why he is acting the way he is.

He bangs on about how much more money he makes than everyone else....that's a major part of the reason why. He gets paid well to do press conferences and spit out a few soundbites for the media. Why he now thinks he doesn't need to do it for UFC 200 of all shows is baffling.

He bangs on about how much more money he makes than everyone else....that's a major part of the reason why. He gets paid well to do press conferences and spit out a few soundbites for the media. Why he now thinks he doesn't need to do it for UFC 200 of all shows is baffling.

Of course but it's because he's thoroughly entertaining and captivating. He's elevated the sport to new found levels of popularity it's never experienced. He was still willing to do press but not all. I agree he has made a hash of the timing of it all but I can see his point. Nice to see one of the fighters get it right up the company as well for once, although he will still be losing out financially.

Of course but it's because he's thoroughly entertaining and captivating. He's elevated the sport to new found levels of popularity it's never experienced. He was still willing to do press but not all. I agree he has made a hash of the timing of it all but I can see his point. Nice to see one of the fighters get it right up the company as well for once, although he will still be losing out financially.

So will the company though if he doesn't fight. It's far enough away that unless there's a continual bitch fest between him and Dana, people will just forget about it, and when 200 comes round just won't watch it, because the guy that the casual fans actually tune in to see isn't there. They'll lose hundreds of thousands of PPV buys if he isn't on the card,

So will the company though if he doesn't fight. It's far enough away that unless there's a continual bitch fest between him and Dana, people will just forget about it, and when 200 comes round just won't watch it, because the guy that the casual fans actually tune in to see isn't there. They'll lose hundreds of thousands of PPV buys if he isn't on the card,

Bingo. As much money as McGregor would make, you know full well Zuffa would be the more beneficial party in that deal.

I think UFC will take the hit on PPV buys this time to deal the knockout blow in the power struggle between themselves and McGregor.

The chance to have this great opportunity to put Conor in his place will be too good to turn down for Dana in my opinion.

Like this card tonight. Pettis and Barboza's staredowns have been quite intense all week; could see that being a FOTN/Y candidate easy.

Can't really see an upset in either title fight but if anything I think Cejudo could potentially wrestlefuck DJ to a decision... doubt it but you never know. 

I'm about to watch Jon Jones and I'm a bit apathetic in the sense that I think I may already have watched the greatest Mixed Martial Artist in the world already.

Cruz, Mighty Mouse, Jones, Fedor - if aliens came and asked for a square go... that's the lads we'd send eh? 

Because Fedor Emelianenko is the greatest fighter to ever walk this planet.

Na, Jones is the greatest. This mighty mouse chat is horrendous aswell, he's clearly top 3 p4p at the moment but of all time?! f**k that.

I'm guessing it's coming from Joe Rogan, please remember he was saying the same shit about Ronda just before the Holm fight. I actually thought Cejudo was going to give him problems so fair play on that win but it's such a shit weight class.

Can't believe how poor Pettis is these days, looks absolutely lost for ideas. Fairly poor card overall, not excited for Jones DC at all after that. Expecting McGregor - Diaz to be back on hopefully.

Mighty Mouse is phenomenal, well worthy of consideration for p4p best ever.

Rusty Jones needed that fight, would've lost to any of Johnson, Cormier and Gus on that performance. Pettis looks finished, doesn't seem to have the same fight left in him since being brutalised by RDA.

Na, Jones is the greatest. This mighty mouse chat is horrendous aswell, he's clearly top 3 p4p at the moment but of all time?! f**k that.

I'm guessing it's coming from Joe Rogan, please remember he was saying the same shit about Ronda just before the Holm fight. I actually thought Cejudo was going to give him problems so fair play on that win but it's such a shit weight class.

Can't believe how poor Pettis is these days, looks absolutely lost for ideas. Fairly poor card overall, not excited for Jones DC at all after that. Expecting McGregor - Diaz to be back on hopefully.

Talking about Jones/Fedor/GSP etc is just splitting hairs and a matter of opinion but if you're addressing me directly about the Mighty Mouse chat then I can assure you my opinions don't come from Joe Rogan. For what it's worth, I bet on Holly Holm to beat Rousey.

DJ's weight class isn't the deepest but there's no denying his brilliance. I thought Jones looked really poor last night and to be honest with his 18 months off where essentially all he did was train and the stuff coming out about how he hardly trained for the Gus fight and how he was full of weed and coke and stuff I expected to see the best JJ ever last night. Was pretty disappointed in all honesty... like banana says above, I'd fully expect the top end of the LHW division to run through that Jon Jones.