MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Once Joanna gets into her rhythm there is nobody I love watching more fight. Those rapid combos she throws are beautiful and the cardio needed to put on that kind of performance is impressive stuff. Basically Joanna :wub::wub::wub:

After reading the debate about casual fans in the boxing thread I admit I am a casual fan of MMA/UFC. I only watch certain events so was wanting the opinion of you guys on the UFC 200 card. 

From what I know and have seen my opinions are as follows. 

Velasquez I have watched a few times and have saw his last 2 fights. He is no mug obviously and has a decent fight record. I don't know much about Browne unfortunately other than he has also lost to Werdum so not sure what to expect from him. See the bookies have Cain heavy favourite though. Prediction is a Cain late Stoppage. 

Cormier v Silva - Jones is a massive dick. Silva a legend of the sport but can't see passed Cormier especially under the circumstances. Predicting Cormier to win comfortably enough. 

Edgar v Aldo - f**k me where to begin with this. The fight I am most looking forward to. A toss of the coin for me but I hope Edgar does the business then gets to destroy McGregor shortly after. Will be interesting to see how Aldo goes into this fight. Predicting this to go 3-5 rounds. 

I hope Tate can beat Nunes but again I don't know much about the Challenger. Was delighted for Tate when she submitted Holm late on and I thought it was a great fight. Having her doubled up with Diaz was always a bonus too. Predicting Tate by submission.

Lesnar v Hunt for me just seems a bit meh. Despite all the hype I am not as up for this as I'm sure others are. Hopefully Lesnar comes into this in good shape but I can see an early stoppage. Hunt KO round 1

What about you guys where have I went wrong ? 

I hope Lesnar wins but I doubt he will. Taking 5 years out of the octagon then returning against Mark Hunt is going to be very difficult. I reckon Hunt in the 2nd round.

Cormier will be too good for Silva. The other matches I'm not really bothered about.

Miller Dec

Mousasi Dec

Sanchez Dec

Northcutt tko

Dillashaw Dec

Pena Dec

Cain tko 

DC dec

Edgar tko

Hunt Ko 

Tate sub

Edited by peeeel

Sanchez-Lauzon fight of the night.
Hunt via KO round 1
Gomi
Mousasi
Sanchez by tko
Northcutt
Pena
Gastelum by tko
Velasquez
Aldo (toughest 1 to predict!)
Silva by ko (I wish)
Tate

Buzzing for this.

And TJ to win, hopefully he gets the win and a shot at getting his title back, Thought he beat Cruz when they fought.

Me and two pals run a prediction league. Had a shite few weeks but got everything right last night so obviously gonna be wrong here about tonight. Here's my picks for main and the Lauzon Sanchez scrap.

Hunt stoppage
Silva decision
Tate submission
Edgar decision
Velasquez stoppage
Lauzon decision

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

Heyman has already said he won't be doing anything.

I'm just choosing to believe that's a swerve don't RUIN IT

16 minutes ago, Derek Patterson said:

Hunt seemingly going to be working whilst carrying a knock.

Excuses in early in case Mike Lient gets the upset win?

Odds are tight. It's not going to be much of an upset if Brock wins. 

4 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

The theme is getting used, I know that.

What time will Brock be roughly on

Main card will start at 3am I think. So possibly around 5.