MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Am I wrong in thinking N'Gannou is priced wrong against Arlovski? Last I saw he was 1/3 or 1/4 on? I haven't seen his most recent fight in which I heard he looked a beast but he looked a bit basic in his previous bouts? Reminded me of a Kimbo Slice sorta fighter that was clearly a brawler but not much else... does he justify that price?

Andre Arlovski, despite his delicate chin, is no joke. I'm tempted for a wee bet on him if that's the sort of money they're offering.

Am I wrong in thinking N'Gannou is priced wrong against Arlovski? Last I saw he was 1/3 or 1/4 on? I haven't seen his most recent fight in which I heard he looked a beast but he looked a bit basic in his previous bouts? Reminded me of a Kimbo Slice sorta fighter that was clearly a brawler but not much else... does he justify that price?Andre Arlovski, despite his delicate chin, is no joke. I'm tempted for a wee bet on him if that's the sort of money they're offering.

Think with Arlovski losing his last three and N'Gannou being the man of the moment the price seems ok. However, Arlovski lost to Miocic, Overeem and Barnett whereas N'Gannou beat far lesser opponents.

I think with his age Andrei is on his way out and it makes sense for the up and comer to be priced heavily. So often we see the outgoing old legends smashed up by the more youthful hyped fighters. Pretty common match up tactic used to sell the newbies.

Think with Arlovski losing his last three and N'Gannou being the man of the moment the price seems ok. However, Arlovski lost to Miocic, Overeem and Barnett whereas N'Gannou beat far lesser opponents. I think with his age Andrei is on his way out and it makes sense for the up and comer to be priced heavily. So often we see the outgoing old legends smashed up by the more youthful hyped fighters. Pretty common match up tactic used to sell the newbies.

Cheers man. Decided not to bet tonight anyway but I definitely do think the price isn't right for N'Gannou. This is coming from the guy that laughed at the idea of Holloway beating Pettis though so take it with a pinch of salt I guess!

1 hour ago, BradHorse said:

Cheers man. Decided not to bet tonight anyway but I definitely do think the price isn't right for N'Gannou. This is coming from the guy that laughed at the idea of Holloway beating Pettis though so take it with a pinch of salt I guess!

LOL. NGANNOU is the real deal.

That went pretty much how I expected it. Arlovski looked quite big (muscle wise), which surprised me, however he was slow as and Ngannou's power was way too much for him. Quite like Cerrone, but he was well beaten and I enjoyed Masvidal getting it up the rednecks. As for the main event - you shouldn't be losing to an arm bar at that level.

Cerrone was wobbled early (the commentary didn't pick up on it) and never really recovered. Also Herb Dean absolutely stepped in before the bell from what I can see.

Good shit from Ngannou - the new Carwin?

On 29/01/2017 at 13:00, banana said:

Cerrone was wobbled early (the commentary didn't pick up on it) and never really recovered. Also Herb Dean absolutely stepped in before the bell from what I can see.

Good shit from Ngannou - the new Carwin?

He absolutely did step in before the bell then copped out when he heard it. Really poor and irresponsible  refereeing from Dean pulling that shit. Stann claiming on the slow motion replay with sound that he steps in on hearing the bell was just bizarre...you can say the words but we can see it for ourselves! 

Edited by Christophe