MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Seeing Stevie Ray might test free agency after next fight. 

Just seen that aswell, potential life changing fight coming up for him here!

My guess is he'll get an offer from the ufc before this fight and he'll take it though.

Cracking event again. The main card was excellent. And I like the commentary pairing of John Gooden and Brian Stann much more than Anik / Stann or Gooden / Hardy. Anyone who can shout "GOOD LORD!" at a knock-out is okay in my book.

Cutelaba and Nguyen deserve special mention, Cutelaba for being a scary monster and putting on a proper fight, Nguyen for that excellent RNC.

4 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Can't believe Cutelaba didn't even get a bonus for that, absolute domination. That prefight staredown thing he does is awesome.

A bonus for what? It simply wasn't the KO of the night I'm afraid! 

A bonus for what? It simply wasn't the KO of the night I'm afraid! 

For 'Performance' of the night. That's what they're called now. Can't argue with Nyguen or Hooker getting them to be fair but giving Hunt and Lewis the fight of the night instead of giving Brunson or Cutelaba anything is a bit shit.

Brunson hasn't won a bonus in any of his 6 1st round ko wins [emoji33]

Generally if there is a halfway decent KO and Sub they will get the nod on the night though...very rarely would an overall "performance" be elevated above those, whatever they decide to call it now.

Once in a blue moon they pay out on extra stoppages and don't nominate a fotn, but usually main event fights always seem to get an advantageous nod in that category  above anything else anyway.

Would need to look back at the full Brunson cards but if it's not KO of the night then it's just not, having 6 first round stoppages doesn't mean it had to have been rewarded at some point. It's not a collective achievement award.

I do agree with what you are saying on some level though, they can easily afford to reward every stoppage if they want to promote more exciting fights and stop the embarraisng spectacle of professional fighters begging for 50k every time they are interviewed post fight.

Aye they always seem to give the nod to the main or co-main if they're half decent. Like did they really need to give hunt an extra 50k when he's taking home 750k win or lose!
Like you say, I think there should be bonuses for every stoppage.

Case in point, the Moraga fight! Complete domination for 3 rounds but he just never wanted the finish when it looked like if he just went for it it was there!

Does anyone have Fight Pass? Thinking of ditching BT in favour of it, but not sure if it's HD and whether can you stream it to a smart TV or are limited to watching via a laptop or tablet??

You can stream on TV via a chrome cast and believe app is on the xbox. Can't watch PPV events live though and isn't hd.