MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

I really hope Covington gets his fucking head caved in.  I'm all for fighters being a bit of an arsehole to generate some hype and funny moments, but he's not funny and the way he stutters through interviews trying to be controversial is a complete cringe.  Please kill him Dos Anjos.

2 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

He should make that, not that it’ll matter now. It’s bound to effect his performance on the night. Weight cutting has got to be the worst thing about MMA. These guys can’t be fighting at their best after putting themselves through that.

What do I know :lol:

Covington RDA should be the main event and Whittaker Yoel should be 3 round co main.
Absolute shitfest yet again, this year has been a complete joke for main events.

I know a lot of the fighters are dead against it but they need to change the weigh in times back to late afternoon, or just let them weigh in at any point during the day with maybe a 12hour window.
Hope Yoel gets finished brutally now, lol at whoever said it's no lose for Whittaker, as if the Ufc give a f**k! Till is now the number 1 contender at '170' after missing by 5pounds in his hometown! Already talk of his next fight being a big 1 in Vegas. Totally different story if wonderboy just says no to the fight and walks away with his show money.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

It's hard to get excited for big events anymore.  I used to enjoy a good month or two of build up and looking forward to a huge fight but time and time again they fall through. There's nothing like looking forward to a fight for ages and when they're just about to start and the ref says go. My house could be burning down at that point and i'd be none the wiser.

It's literally a case of us not knowing what the card is until about 24 hours before the event now. Don't even know what to look forward to.

Two in a row for Romero. Time to move up buddy.

In all seriousness, part of the problem with the ufc is the gap between divisions. They need to recalibrate and have 165, 175 and 195 introduced with 170 scrapped. Maybe even a 220/5 cruiserweight division too.

10 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Two in a row for Romero. Time to move up buddy.

In all seriousness, part of the problem with the ufc is the gap between divisions. They need to recalibrate and have 165, 175 and 195 introduced with 170 scrapped. Maybe even a 220/5 cruiserweight division too.

Fighters would still try to cut to as low a division as they could.

Solution AFAIC is gradual weight testing in the weeks leading up to the fight so that guys are close to the required weight weeks before, like in One (I think).

On 6/6/2018 at 18:26, Patrick Bateman said:

225 is stacked. My word.

So much so, that fights involving the likes of Guida and Rashad Evans are on the EARLY prelims.

Mental.

Esparza v Gaedehla in on the prelims, as are Lamas and frikkin Overeem. Arlovski somehow makes it to the main card ahead of those.

Fucking love a good caird. 

For all my greetin' about fights falling through, this entire card was 0.2lbs away from being entirely untouched. And Romero and Whittaker are still throwing down anyway. Can't complain.

Can see Romero getting the knockout because Bobby Knuckles seems like a really good guy and did everything right and life's a c**t like that.  He then hands the belt to Romero despite it not being 'official' and they shake hands and agree to a third one. Banker.