MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

55 minutes ago, banana said:

Some weird shit going on with Khabib right now pre early weigh-ins.

Please god, no....

What was it?

Tuned in now and he's been up and made weight. Just waiting on McGregor, Antony Pettis, Volkov and Ladd now.

Edited by Christophe

11 minutes ago, Christophe said:

What was it?

Tuned in now and he's been up and made weight. Just waiting on McGregor, Antony Pettis, Volkov and Ladd now.

Bullshit, apparently. He did look slightly unsure footed weighing in, though, but otherwise OK.

Predictions

Conor McGregor defeats Khabib Nurmagomedov (KO/TKO)

Tony Ferguon defeats Anthony Pettis (decision)

Ovince Saint Preux defeats Dominick Reyes (submission)

Alexander Volkov defeats Derrick Lewis (KO/TKO)

Michelle Waterson defeats Felice Herrig (submission)

I've been really impressed by Khabib on his journey in MMA. But when you look at his record, just who has he fought? McGregor's resume is littered with ranked fighters.
Still think Connor early, or Khabib late.

That 'Khabib hasn't fought anybody' narrative died when he made both Michael Johnson and Edson Barboza look like children. He's a certified monster at this point. 

Not to mention RDA who was on a 5 fight winning streak (and went on another 5 fight winning streak after) whom he also made look like a scared child. 

Conor has a great resume, sure. But Khabib closed that gap in the last year or two. I'm picking Conor to win but I'm under absolutely no illusions about how damn good that Dagestani is. He could quite literally be the greatest fighter alive and if he carries on doing what he has to another 2 or 3 top lightweights (after mauling Conor, hypothetically) then he'll pretty much be the greatest fighter to ever live.

That said, rather strangely considering he's only had one fight at 155lb in the UFC, Conor (Poirier, Diaz, Alvarez) has more wins over top 10 lightweights than anyone else in the division.

18 minutes ago, BradHorse said:

I am fucking hyped. 

They used a cool promo at the weigh ins yesterday (music was fantastic) I can't find but this one with John Malkovich of all people should get you in the mood alright

Holy shit that’s brilliant.

1 hour ago, SpiderDee said:

Some tasty face offs at the weigh ins last night emoji48.png
Cannot wait for this. I expect Khabib to win late on by submission

Lewis going at Volkov was ace.

That Conor Khabib promo vid and then faceoff with that pumping tune was something else though.

On 10/5/2018 at 15:04, Detournement said:

McGregor is the racist idiot we deserve.

Not often I agree with HB, but here we are. It's an established pattern with him now. I don't think he's an idiot though, he knows how to play his fans.