MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

1 minute ago, JamieStevenson said:

Good job. 

More luck than judgement. Was there a reason Rountree didn’t jump on him when he was lying on the ground after the knock down? I thought the go to move after a heavy knock down was to jump on them and start hammer fisting their head. 

More luck than judgement. Was there a reason Rountree didn’t jump on him when he was lying on the ground after the knock down? I thought the go to move after a heavy knock down was to jump on them and start hammer fisting their head. 
His gameplan was to keep it on the feet. He had the best of of him in the striking, no need to rush in looking for a finish on the ground and risk being turned over and potentially submitted etc

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Can only assume he didn't want to get tied up on the ground against a BJJ brown belt. Anyone lying like Anders was there with hands behind the head, rotating and kicking is almost begging you to get on top of him. I have no doubt Rountree probably would have finished him there if he actually went for it but must've thought the risk was too high for him when he can easily just keep it at his range on the feet where he was already destroying him.

Check out the 2 McGregor v Diaz fights to see the different approaches. Conor knew he didn't have an answer on the deck after the first fight and stood him up every time Diaz hit the deck.

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
7 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

His gameplan was to keep it on the feet. He had the best of of him in the striking, no need to rush in looking for a finish on the ground and risk being turned over and potentially submitted etc

Can only assume he didn't want to get tied up on the ground against a BJJ brown belt. Anyone lying like Anders was there with hands behind the head, rotating and kicking is almost begging you to get on top of him. I have no doubt Rountree probably would have finished him there if he actually went for it but must've thought the risk was too high for him when he can easily just keep it at his range on the feet where he was already destroying him.

I see I didn’t know that Anders was as good on the ground I just assumed when someone is lying there near enough sparked out it was shooty in to finish it off. I hope Anders got well paid for that because for the first 2 rounds that was a hell of a beating. 

I see I didn’t know that Anders was as good on the ground I just assumed when someone is lying there near enough sparked out it was shooty in to finish it off. I hope Anders got well paid for that because for the first 2 rounds that was a hell of a beating. 
My leg hurts from watching that

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
10 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Check out the 2 McGregor v Diaz fights to see the different approaches. Conor knew he didn't have an answer on the deck after the first fight and stood him up every time Diaz hit the deck.

I remember that and I realise there is some fighters who are far too dangerous when they are on the ground but surely after 4 heavy knockdowns you would fancy yourself to finish it. 

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

My leg hurts from watching that

Who do you fancy in this fight?

9 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I'm not sure if he's as good as his BJJ rank suggests. I certainly haven't seen him use it. According to his record he only has 1 submission. All it really means is he's put in a hell of a lot of time in classes for it. Still, Rountree is not well versed in that area so best to avoid it when possible until such time he's at a decent level for it.

Edited by JamieStevenson

I'm not sure if he's as good as his BJJ rank suggests. I certainly haven't seen him use it. According to his record he only has 1 submission. All it really means is he's put in a hell of a lot of time in classes for it. Still, Rountree is well versed in that area so best to avoid it when possible until such time he's at a decent level for it.

I see. I don’t know the first thing about rankings or who’s better at stand up or BJJ but it’s good to learn. 

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
4 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:
How often do 5 round fights go the distance? It can’t be very often. 

More often than you'd think

If it goes the distance and Adesanya wins I will stick £20 in a charity of your choice. 

If he doesn’t win I look like I’m trying to be a hero offering that :lol:

Edited by IrishBhoy