MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:
How often do 5 round fights go the distance? It can’t be very often. 

More often than you'd think

I think we've actually been blessed in 2019 so far in that there haven't been too many go the distance. Off the top of my head I can think of only three 5 rounders to go all the way and 2 of them were at the last PPV.

I think we've actually been blessed in 2019 so far in that there haven't been too many go the distance. Off the top of my head I can think of only three 5 rounders to go all the way and 2 of them were at the last PPV.
Yeah we've been lucky. Gastelum is closing the distance so well....wouldn't believe there was almost 10 inches between their respective reaches

1 minute ago, JamieStevenson said:

This is bloody brilliant. Adesanya's got a really long and wide sprawl that the TD doesn't appear to be an option here. Someone's getting KO'd.

I’m Gastelums situation here would he not be better going for his legs and trying to take him to the ground. Only a matter of time before he gets caught clean. 

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’m Gastelums situation here would he not be better going for his legs and trying to take him to the ground. Only a matter of time before he gets caught clean. 

Smart if he can do it but Adesanya isn't easy to get down or hold down.

2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Crafty ground fighter but hasn't really needed it as of late as his big left hand gives everyone the fear.

I still can’t belive some of the punches these guys can take and stay on their feet man. That was some round wee Gastelum nearly had him there. 

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

Marc Goddard just done you a favour there. Congrats

How the f**k did Gestalum survive those last 40 seconds f**k me man. You are right the referee should have ended that it was the definition of blocking shots with your chin.