MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Anderson-Weidman II looks likely for the year-end show, if Silva changes his tune. I'm sure he will.

He would be stupid not to. If he doesn't fight like a dick then the belt will be back on him. Personally I'd rather see Weidman keep it but Silva at his peak is a different class altogether.

Just caught up with this today. I knew the outcome of the main event in advance but that's the most I've enjoyed seeing someone get put on their arse for a while. What a disrespectful fud. Card of the Year so far I felt, plenty good stuff throughout the show.

That's Brian Stann retired, he's got a gig commentating on college football for Fox plus he'll continue his panel work for the UFC and I'd imagine they'll feature him on UFC Tonight a good few times. He's some boy, very difficult to dislike. I first saw him when he KO'd Leben and I don't think he's had a bad fight since. The Wanderlei fight in particular was one of the greatest fights I've ever seen.

Now that he's not fighting anymore, we probably won't have his military background thrown in our faces 24/7 and as you say, he seems like a likeable enough chap.

The allll-Am-errrrican heeee-rooooooooow, Briiiiiiii-an Staaaaaaaayn.

The military adverts they get in the US on the ad breaks between rounds/fights is utterly disturbing.

Edited by banana

For those interested, Scots lass, Joanne Calderwood, is fighting for Invicta FC tomorrow night in Kansas City.

Looking forward to this. Saw her at Cage Warriors and her striking is outstanding. Bossed her last invicta fight also.

Maybe see strawweight in the ufc in a few years. Took this long to see females fight in it so still hope. Great to see someone out of Scotland doing so well. Know a few folk who train at the Griphouse and it's some place.

Pettis vs Henderson is on! There is a god. Buzzing.

As soon as Grant beat Maynard I was reading "There's no way Dana will let this fight happen, they'll find a way to work it so it's Bendo-Pettis". Grant will have been paid six figures for this injury.

Care to elaborate?

In terms of the people who train you, people you train with, facilities and general atmosphere it is miles apart from other martial arts academies in Scotland. Its no surprise that on the local muay thai and mma scene they are very very successful.