MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Brilliant night of fights, some moment when sanchez dropped him, even thought he might steal a decision!

Whiteford pretty much confirmed for next week aswell, reports up on mmajunkie.

Melendez sanchez was 2nd last fight for the guy who was asking.

HOLY f**k!!! Goosebumps here.

Melendez-Sanchez!!!

What a fucking fight, Melendez should face Bendo next but if not then get these dudes rematched in a 5-rounder, that was exceptional. Fight of the year hands down.

Edited by Christophe

Big props to JDS's heart and chin also, no idea how that dude stod up so long. Unbelievable. One eye closed and the other swimming in blood and the guy was still banging! Took so much punishment and still looked dangerous dirty boxing. Great, brutal card.

Werdum is next, but Cain should wreck him.

I really don't know where the top of the heavyweight division goes here. Dos Santos batters everyone bar Cain, Cain batters everyone including Dos Santos. Overeem has been found out, Cormier won't fight Cain so is moving down to LHW, and the next three guys in the rankings are virtual no-hopers Silva, Browne and Werdum. You could make a case for Old man Hunt (!) being the most likely of the top 10 with a bomb-swingers chance.

Any of the up and coming guys look good?

Edited by banana

Agreed, it looks like Cain is going to sit at the top of this particular tree for a wee while yet. I think you also have to mention Barnett amongst the runners and riders, in fact he'd probably have a better crack at it than Werdum IMO, but he's hardly an up and coming talent at 35. Either way he's probably next after Werdum if he dispatches Browne.

Does a guy like Struve still have time on his side to put a championship run together? Probably yeah, but i really think we're a long way off a genuine contender to Velasquez at the moment.

Edited by Christophe

Got to love that Sanchez - Melendez fight. Sanchez brings a war every time he steps in the cage!

Cain is the man at Heavyweight and gives Dos Santos an absolute beating. Can't see many people beating Cain for a while!

I love Dodson too, such a character and powerful hands!

It's a travesty that Cormier won't fight Cain, beyond him I think Cain demolishes every other current HW within 2 rounds. After Werdum you're probably looking at Barnett/Browne, which should take us to this time next year roughly for another fight. I could see Jones moving up by then, I think if/when he beats Glover, Gus in a rematch and possibly Davis he will move up and that could be Cain's toughest test. A few months ago I was 100% sure that Jones would beat any man on the planet but Cain has been unbelievable in his last 4 fights since getting KO'd. I'd probably make it about 55/45 for Jones but f**k knows.

Behave, Jones is nowhere close to favourite against Velasquez. Dos Santos would likely beat him more times than not too. At least you're starting to give Cain a bit of the recognition he deserves, I suppose :D