MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

• 2 weeks later...

I fucking love Nate Diaz. I mean he talks pish, but he's entertaining every time.

Diaz: "Just so everybody knows, the number one and two lightweights in the world are right here, me and my man right here (Gil Melendez). Let's talk about this real quick. My man right here beat Ben Henderson for the title and for some reason they let Anthony Pettis fight him, so you and Thompson need to man up and get with me and my boy right here cos this our division. We gonna beat you asses, that's wassup."

Anik: "Can you talk us through the combinations?"

Diaz: "Yeah. I won. That's wassup"

Diaz: "We gotta go. I got shit to do. I'm hungry"

And then just walks off.

Diaz and Gil vs Thompson and Pettis?

teddy_long_tag_team_match.png

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Diaz is like the troublemaking school ned who consistently bunked off from special needs school and ended up being white street gangsta. A complete and utter fuckwit in the membrane.

Great performance, though, brilliant closing of the deal (Johnny Hendricks take note). If I go on a lot about fights being stopped far too early, I think in this case the ref should've stopped it a volley sooner.

Davey Grant started well, but outclassed in the end. Looking forward to seeing both those chaps, and the bulldog Pena, in the octagon again soon.

I've seen a few people mention the Maynard stoppage being late. I strongly disagree. If he jumped in when people are suggesting he should have we'd be moaning that he never gave him a chance. Diaz landed a few nice combos and Maynard was clearly all over the place, he gave him time to try get his wits about him. The ref gave him every chance possible to stay in it and when it was absolutely obvious he was out on his feet he stepped in. I have no issue with that stoppage at all.

I've been asked to post this.

http://www.pieandbov...r/11731-domdom/

Go here to send PMs.

Right. Top UFC fights. DomDom here. There's a wee twist to the usual style that I do...

* I want between 10 and FIFTY from you. If you can keep it down to 20 I'd appreciate it, but if you can't narrow it down, go as high as that.

* December 20th cut off.

* Use your own criteria.

* Number your picks.

JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH, that Hunt/Bigfoot fight! I don't think I've ever shouted at a screen so much in an MMA fight.

Probably going to be in the top 5 of my top 20 fights list, and round 4 has to be a clear contender for round of the year. Pendelum of a round and a fight.

Fcuking hell... :o

I've been asked to post this.

http://www.pieandbov...r/11731-domdom/

Go here to send PMs.

Right. Top UFC fights. DomDom here. There's a wee twist to the usual style that I do...

* I want between 10 and FIFTY from you. If you can keep it down to 20 I'd appreciate it, but if you can't narrow it down, go as high as that.

* December 20th cut off.

* Use your own criteria.

* Number your picks.

Thought this was gonna be top 50 MMA fights (rather than UFC)? Can we have some clarification? Edited by Christophe

Excellent news

I was at a Muay Thai show recently and she was cornering a few guys with James Doolan. Went to the loo and saw her in the corridor chatting to someone. Was going to say hello and something along the lines of "keep doing what you're doing" but ended up just starting at her in a creepy fashion.

Excellent news

I was at a Muay Thai show recently and she was cornering a few guys with James Doolan. Went to the loo and saw her in the corridor chatting to someone. Was going to say hello and something along the lines of "keep doing what you're doing" but ended up just starting at her in a creepy fashion.

They live together, infact I'm pretty sure Doolan is her manager too.

Anyway, this season of TUF, rather than being for a contract, all the girls are officially signed already, but the winner will be crowned the first ever strawweight champ, so a strong chance Calderwood could take the strap

The womans 115lbs division is mental. Some of the talent they picked up is unreal. They snapped up 11 Invicta strawweights, including Carla Esparza, Tecia Torres, Felice Herrig, Bec Hyatt and Claudi Gadelha....mental. And the crazy thing is I don't think any of them can get close to outstriking Jojo.

Outside of the UFC, Invicta is my favourite promotion by far, so this is the most I've looked forward to a season in ages.

Never been into TUF but will watch solely for Calderwood.

As you said her striking is immense but she also beat a girl on the ground in her second fight who was a BJJ black or brown belt.

Doolan is her partner, agent, coach and manager rolled into one. Paul McVeigh usually corners as well but missed the last fight. Imagine he would've been at Cage Warriors in Newcastle.

This Saturdays card has to be one of the best fight cards for the lower weight classes of all time. I really am looking forward to this card.

Mighty Mouse vs Benavidez

Faber vs MacDonald

Mendes vs Lentz

Lauzon vs Danzig

McGee vs LaFlare

Castillo vs Barboza

King Green vs Bam Bam Healy

Jorgensen vs Makovsky

Hands of Stone vs Cody McKenzie

Trujillo vs Roger Bowling

Uyenoyama vs Alp Ozkilic

It's like a WEC throwback, love it.

In the main event I think Benavidez will win it with a KO, I don't think he'll be as cautious as he was in the first fight and Dodson showed that Might Mouse can be hit.

Faber-MacDonald could be a fight of the year candidate potentially, gun to my head I'd pick Faber to take a decision but it's a tough one.