MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Is it anywhere else on their schedule from Sunday onwards? I won't get a chance set it to record before tomorrow.

It was only decided they;s show it on Saturday night this morning. A big backlash from UK/Irish fans made them change their tune as it was £6.99 iPPV or nothing. No idea if they have any planned repeats after tomorrow night.

It was only decided they;s show it on Saturday night this morning. A big backlash from UK/Irish fans made them change their tune as it was £6.99 iPPV or nothing. No idea if they have any planned repeats after tomorrow night.

Fair enough, cheers.

Watched this tonight as I'd never seen Kawajiri before, if you've got 10 minutes free give it a go.

Tate-Zingano is overrated because it's a women's fight IMO.

What a bizarre comment. Absolutely nothing to do with it being two women in the Octagon, and was also my fight of the year before the Hunt Silva slugfest.

1. Hunt v Silva

2. Tate v Zingano

3. Jones v Gustafsson

4. Stann v Silva

5. Melendez v Sanchez

As tense as Cain v Junior III was, it was too one-sided to make it to my top 5. Certainly a top 5 spectacle and adrenaline rush of the year, though.

Fighters of the year in no order: D Johnson, Velasquez, Gustafsson, Roussey. Browne misses out though has done really well to beat 3 top old-schoolers. Finally, I'm not getting the Belfort love at all.

Belfort knocked out three top 10 guys in spectacular fashion...

Meh, fair enough. My impression of him is still a real up n down fighter, but you're right he's well beaten what's been put in front of him.

Didn't mean to downvote your top 5 post btw. A greenie shall be yours in due course.

Belfort knocked out three top 10 guys in spectacular fashion...

The TRT issue is always going to lead to people not fully acknowledging what Vitor did in 2013. While I don't necessarily agree with the use he has played by the rules and knocked everyone put in front of him out spectacularly. He gets my vote.

The TRT issue is always going to lead to people not fully acknowledging what Vitor did in 2013. While I don't necessarily agree with the use he has played by the rules and knocked everyone put in front of him out spectacularly. He gets my vote.

He KO'd Hendo who is also on TRT, which no one seems to really talk about.

Robert Whiteford to fight at UFC 171 in Dallas against Daniel Pineda. Big card for him - here's hoping for a first Scottish UFC win.

Difficult fight that, Pineda is a cracking prospect. He subbed Justin Lawrence in 90 seconds and took Matt Brown and Diego Brandao to decisions.

Difficult fight that, Pineda is a cracking prospect. He subbed Justin Lawrence in 90 seconds and took Matt Brown and Diego Brandao to decisions.

Oh aye, it's a big test for him. Be interesting to see how he copes though. Hettes was a tough match up to take on short notice too, at least he'll have a full prep time for this bout. All the best to him going over to Dallas though, hope he does well.

Well yes, but that's not structly the issue. A well known side effect if steroid abuse is low testosterone. Vitor has a history of PED's. Hendo seems to use it because his body genuinely needs it Vitor's use is looked at more as cheating given that....well he's a proven cheat.

Some genuinely need it, others are abusing it. For me it should be strictly banned, regardless of history. But as long as it's in the rules and Vitor is KOing people left, right and centre that can't be overlooked.

How did everyone score the main event? Can't believe one of the scorecards was 49-46 for Henderson, Thomson clearly won the first two. I gave Bendo 3 and 5. The fourth was a difficult one, it really could've gone either way. I'd probably lean towards 48-47 Henderson but that 49-46 baffled me.