January Transfers

...We had Sebastian Kneissel on loan from Chelsea during the Bonneti era. 'Highly rated' - he was absolutely shite. Wilson may turn out to be another totally overhyped OF starlet, whose confidence is totally shot.

Kneißl (shows off command of keyboard to type an esszet) was one of Duffy's loan signings in 2003/4. Joel Kitamarike is also a perfect example, and he actually played for the Chelsea first team, in freakish circumstances admittedly when most of the regulars refused to travel to Israel for a UEFA Cup tie.

The point about confidence is crucial. I always thought that was Kitamarike's problem. I think he had the footballing ability, but he couldn't handle the mental pressure of playing in front of crowds. He was able to look good in kids and youth football, or else why would Chelsea have signed him? But when he actually had to play in front of screaming supporters he bottled it. His confidence evaporated and he was a constant bombscare. You could see the terror and panic when he had to make a decision. He just wasn't cut out for professional football.

Could be great signings, you just can't tell yet.

Exactly.

Hearing that the Harkins deal could be completed before the game on Sunday. Would be very surprised if this were true (unless it was only a loan deal or there was an agreement in place).

I'd be surprised too. What's your source? The Courier? The Sun? I think they're just taking a chance. Dundee's practice of saying as little as possible about signings seems to have encouraged the press to make stuff up, or try to spin internet rumours into something of substance

...It strikes me as a total lack of ambition, and at the possibility he might be a bit of a bawbag. He's an excellent player - but that attitude stinks.

Well, you have to base your assessment of his attitude on what you've seen, but you'll never persuade any Dundee supporter who remembers his attitude and inspirational performances in the Deefiant season that he's anything less than a total top guy.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kneißl (shows off command of keyboard to type an esszet) was one of Duffy's loan signings in 2003/4. Joel Kitamarike is also a perfect example, and he actually played for the Chelsea first team, in freakish circumstances admittedly when most of the regulars refused to travel to Israel for a UEFA Cup tie.

The point about confidence is crucial. I always thought that was Kitamarike's problem. I think he had the footballing ability, but he couldn't handle the mental pressure of playing in front of crowds. He was able to look good in kids and youth football, or else why would Chelsea have signed him? But when he actually had to play in front of screaming supporters he bottled it. His confidence evaporated and he was a constant bombscare. You could see the terror and panic when he had to make a decision. He just wasn't cut out for professional football.

Exactly.

I'd be surprised too. What's your source? The Courier? The Sun? I think they're just taking a chance. Dundee's practice of saying as little as possible about signings seems to have encouraged the press to make stuff up, or try to spin internet rumours into something of substance

Well, you have to base your assessment of his attitude on what you've seen, but you'll never persuade any Dundee supporter who remembers his attitude and inspirational performances in the Deefiant season that he's anything less than a total top guy.

Did Joel (won't embarrass myself by spelling his surname) not get done for drug peddling - following the ex Dee tradition?

Did Joel (won't embarrass myself by spelling his surname) not get done for drug peddling - following the ex Dee tradition?

Well, yes, if second of two is a tradition. There was Alan Dinnie. Who else? Albert Craig was postal fraud.

I heard last night he was def signing in Jan. This morning Radio Tay confirmed this. Then I got a text saying deal could be done by Sunday (which i'd be surprised about but no reason to doubt) and Tam Duthie (DCT) has tweeted that "Will Killie let Harkins play Sunday?" so might be something imminent.

I heard last night he was def signing in Jan. This morning Radio Tay confirmed this. Then I got a text saying deal could be done by Sunday (which i'd be surprised about but no reason to doubt) and Tam Duthie (DCT) has tweeted that "Will Killie let Harkins play Sunday?" so might be something imminent.

Surely they wouldn't let him play?

If the shoe was on the other foot i'd be hoping we would do everything in our power to ensure he didn't feature. Knowing Dundee though we would probably allow the player to play and he would probably score the winner (as so many ex players seem to do against us.

Edit to say i'm just waiting on Shiels coming out and again saying Harkins is going nowhere and that he will be involved on Sunday.

Good player, but unfortunately a Judas bassa.

Plus a crock.

I think most arabs would say they were disappointed in him given how good we thought he was, injuries have taken there toll, my voodoo doll clearly works.

Do you switch from your Happy Hibee account when the club sign a player your super amazing sources didn't tell you about?

Ooft, when a mod slams you about an alias account, there's no point in arguing.

Archived