January Transfers

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to duck in, avoiding the Edinburgh bun fight, and say that no matter what the Hibs fans say, both Wilson and Ngoo look very decent additions. Ngoo, while we know nothing of him, looks like he'll cause no end of problems in the box. I've no idea how tall he is but he looks massive (albeit built like a bean pole) and you only need to look at the trouble Kyle caused with his height. Even more interesting is that in the videos he seem happy with the ball at his feet. Wilson has proven he can cut it in the SPL already so it's more a case of making sure he can stay fit.

Either way you look at it, and considering the straight-jacket the SPL tried to tie Hearts up in, they have done very well in this window with next to no room for manoeuvre.

Right, now I've said my 2 cents worth, you can get back to slagging off Paulo..

Never thought I'd see the day I'd greenie a Ric post but there you go...you've earned it fella! :lol:

I believe Ngoo is 6ft4. Like I said its a complete no lose situation as we will be paying less than Enkleman's wage for him...probably considerably less.

I currently have more faith in Ngoo, who I've never seen play in the flesh before, than John Sutton. Says a lot about how Sutton has performed for Hearts thus far.

I'm going to duck in, avoiding the Edinburgh bun fight, and say that no matter what the Hibs fans say, both Wilson and Ngoo look very decent additions. Ngoo, while we know nothing of him, looks like he'll cause no end of problems in the box. I've no idea how tall he is but he looks massive (albeit built like a bean pole) and you only need to look at the trouble Kyle caused with his height. Even more interesting is that in the videos he seem happy with the ball at his feet. Wilson has proven he can cut it in the SPL already so it's more a case of making sure he can stay fit.

Either way you look at it, and considering the straight-jacket the SPL tried to tie Hearts up in, they have done very well in this window with next to no room for manoeuvre.

SHAMELESSLY chasing greenies.

Shakes head, saddened and disappointed.

We had Sebastian Kneissel on loan from Chelsea during the Bonneti era. 'Highly rated' - he was absolutely shite. Wilson may turn out to be another totally overhyped OF starlet, whose confidence is totally shot.

Could be great signings, you just can't tell yet.

What a relief to open this thread and discover a good old Hearts/Hibs ding-dong in full flow.

I live with a creeping sense of dread at the prospect that I might miss the latest instalment of this edge-of-the-seat thrill-fest dry.gif

You are tedious c***s, one and all.

Chuck it.

Please.

Dont drag me into it, I hate their tedious wankathon as much as anyone. It's just the same dull bilge recycled ad infinitum dry.gif

I'd agree with this entirely. Wouldn't have predicted that ourselves at County (with the troubles we have attracting players north and offering wages) and Hearts with their obvious problems are the two teams who look to have done most to tweak their team this window. All relative, obviously a lot of teams will likely sneer at our signings, but for what we have they look to be perfect "pieces in the jigsaw".

Still time left for that to prove bollocks.

Dont think the deal was ever off to be honest. The fact that Radio Tay this morning says Harkins will def sign in Jan and now people saying he will sign on Monday (the day after the 2 sides meet) tells me the deals pretty much always been in place.

Hearing that the Harkins deal could be completed before the game on Sunday. Would be very surprised if this were true (unless it was only a loan deal or there was an agreement in place).

I've just shot my load.

I'm really disappointed by all this Gary Harkins caper. We're talking about a guy who was 26 and hadn't played a single SPL game - having finally got his chance, and improved his fitness admirably during his first season, he's taken a monstrous huff in his second season and looks to be joining a team who are all but nailed on certainties to be relegated in the summer.

It strikes me as a total lack of ambition, and at the possibility he might be a bit of a bawbag. He's an excellent player - but that attitude stinks.

Archived