Sons' sorrow

Say whattt? :lol:

Leathered the Chapstick?

He was telling me about it at the end of the year awards dance. We were both puggled right enough, but he was giving me the run down on all the players in the squad he likes and dislikes and when he got to Chappers he was clearly beeling, didn't like him at all and told me he set about him in the changing room on two separate occasions. Chaplain passed by talking to someone later and didn't look keen on Chizzy so I reckon he was legit.

Weird thing about Chizzy was, the more the grumpy auld b*****ds in the stand would critiscise him, the more the rest of us took him to our hearts in spite of his obvious limitations. He was adorable in spite of being shite, like watching a video of a baby trying to walk and falling on its arse and saying "aaawwwww!". the fact of the matter was that he was easily one of the most limited players in the squad, but his sheer effort was far more than many others and was what led to him making so many appearances and in so many positions. That he played senior football is a triumph of effort over talent.

He was telling me about it at the end of the year awards dance. We were both puggled right enough, but he was giving me the run down on all the players in the squad he likes and dislikes and when he got to Chappers he was clearly beeling, didn't like him at all and told me he set about him in the changing room on two separate occasions. Chaplain passed by talking to someone later and didn't look keen on Chizzy so I reckon he was legit.

:lol:

I mind at one of POTY dances they were reading out the wee story before announcing who player of the year was - 'this guy has been a mainstay in the team, it's been an easy vote due to his consistent performances' completely bigging up the winner. Just as the presenter finished and before the winner was announced Chizzy stood up, breaking the silence, arms outstreched and started shouting 'thanks very much everyone' :lol:

He was absolutely smashed and I enjoyed that he could joke about the fact it was never in a million years going to be him.

Chizzy for chairman.

As someone said, effort over ability certainly triumphed in Chiz' case, and I can't say I'm surprised if there was a set-to between he and Chaplain.

I always thought that in that team, Chaplain was one who had loads of ability, but didn't always make the efforts so I could see where that came from.

At the end of the day, the team from that year worked really well together and there are a couple that I'd have back now, but based on ability alone, Chiz wouldn't be near it, but when you're talking about sheer effort and playing for the shirt, I can't think of anyone who'd be higher on such a list than Sir Iain of Chisholm.

#weareallChizzy

As someone said, effort over ability certainly triumphed in Chiz' case, and I can't say I'm surprised if there was a set-to between he and Chaplain.

I always thought that in that team, Chaplain was one who had loads of ability, but didn't always make the efforts so I could see where that came from.

At the end of the day, the team from that year worked really well together and there are a couple that I'd have back now, but based on ability alone, Chiz wouldn't be near it, but when you're talking about sheer effort and playing for the shirt, I can't think of anyone who'd be higher on such a list than Sir Iain of Chisholm.

#weareallChizzy

Chizzy was the sort of bameroo who lives much longer in the memory than players who had 1000 times more ability.  We shall remember him long after thoughts of say Lee Mair have dissipated into the mists of time. 

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

I vaguely remember the Chiz scoring the winner away at Fraserburgh. What a jaunt that was.

Proper needle slipping off the LP type of stuff when we walked in the pub, all eyes on the door.

Fresh city boy meat like us had the fisherman drooling. Infact I think Moonster might have disappeared with one for a while pre match.

Chizzy was the sort of bameroo who lives much longer in the memory than players who had 1000 times more ability. We shall remember him long after thoughts of say Lee Mair have dissipated into the mists of time.

Lee who? ;)

But yes, you're right. I think, well for me anyway, ability might not always be there, but for a fan, particularly one who travels away, if there's effort given and blood and guts given for the cause, then I'll always applaud that. And it's because of that that as you say, players like Chizzy will live longer in the memory than the more capable player who didn't always exert the absolute maximum of his effort for the jersey.

I vaguely remember the Chiz scoring the winner away at Fraserburgh. What a jaunt that was.

Proper needle slipping off the LP type of stuff when we walked in the pub, all eyes on the door.

Fresh city boy meat like us had the fisherman drooling. Infact I think Moonster might have disappeared with one for a while pre match.

That was a great day!

And £1.50 a pint IIRC.

Can't say I remember much of the game!

That was just a blur that day.  Cheap as f**k pints in that pub.  Came to my senses sitting in Wimpy munching a Wimpy Burger wondering how the f**k I'd travelled back to when I was 8 years old.

I was utterly melted at Broch away. Having breakfast roll en-route, getting to the pub and starting straight on a pint, Isle of Skye and Jaeger shot each round. Passed up their kind lunch offer. Went to pub again at half time. Slept most of the way home.

Chizzy was the sort of bameroo who lives much longer in the memory than players who had 1000 times more ability.  We shall remember him long after thoughts of say Lee Mair have dissipated into the mists of time.

A few more here http://www.donaldfullartonphotos.co.uk/photo_7749117.html

Yon was a great change strip....