Sons' sorrow

I'm sure if at the start of the season we said we would finish only 5 points behind QOS and st Mirren then I'm sure we would all have taken it. I still think that even though it might not have been pretty at times it's been a pretty successful season

It's a great season that could've been better. Staying up again is just brilliant for us and no matter how we've achieved it we need to be proud. It's going to be really tough next year, the toughest so far I reckon, but I can't wait for it. Mon the feckin' Sons.

In case anyone is wondering about the Awards tonight:

POTY - Garry Fleming

YPOTY - Jamie Lindsay

Players Player - Garry Fleming

Goal of the Season - Garry Fleming vs St Mirren (April 2016)

Trust Travel POTY - Frazer Wright

SonsView - Frazer Wright

I've now decided Garry has to be sons captain!

Really is popular with the fans for obvious reasons. Deserved most of what he received tonight. But didn't think he was our player of the year. Obviously the GFFC decided he was.

Excited to see what squad news comes over the next couple of weeks though!

Really is popular with the fans for obvious reasons. Deserved most of what he received tonight. But didn't think he was our player of the year. Obviously the GFFC decided he was.

Excited to see what squad news comes over the next couple of weeks though!

Nade and Buchanan are apparently going to speak to other clubs next week. Nade did say that he wanted to stay and Aitken said a new deal would be on the table very soon. Probably shouldn't read into it to much.

Nade and Buchanan are apparently going to speak to other clubs next week. Nade did say that he wanted to stay and Aitken said a new deal would be on the table very soon. Probably shouldn't read into it to much.

Never really spoke to many players tonight about anything like that. But as you have said, should never take too much from what is said on a night like tonight.

Home and in bed since I'm not as lucky as most in having tomorrow off... 6am rise to look forward to.

I liked Simon Barrow's quote last night when he accepted his award for his considerable contribution to both Sonstrust and the club. A taxi driver asked which team he supported and Simon answered "Dumbarton". On the driver enquiring why he didn't support a big club, Simon answered:

"I support a football club, not a corporation."

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

I dont have any personal connection to the players but I wouldn't read into to much until contracts are signed.

Mind Jim Lister saying he would love to stay at Son, two weeks later he was at airdrie.

In saying that fingers crossed we get these two signed up along with the other important members.

Would love to see Buchanan back next season. He's been solid all year and in the past few games its been Gregor who was shouting at his teammates to try to drive them on. He's got a bit of pace about him without being blisteringly fast, is good in the air and usually has good positional awareness. He's everything we need as a centre half for a part time club.

Interesting last night . Not much getting given away and opinions differing from lots getting offered contracts and staying to a mini clear out.

Meetings start on Tuesday but probably take a while as players who are offered work out options for a couple of weeks.

Interesting last night . Not much getting given away and opinions differing from lots getting offered contracts and staying to a mini clear out.

Meetings start on Tuesday but probably take a while as players who are offered work out options for a couple of weeks.

Who do we think are being offered deal and who's out of here?

Keep for def

Ewings

Buchanan

Barr

Wright

Docherty

Hopkins

Walters

Routledge

Lindsay

Fleming

Nade

McCallum

Bin

Brown

Not sure

Taggart

Gallagher

Kirkpatrick

Heff

Crawley

Ewings

? Buchanan Wright docherty

? ? Lindsay Walters

Nade McCallum

Routledge seems gone to Morton

So by my reckoning we need a GK, RB, CM, ST

Edited by Sons Fan

Who do we think are being offered deal and who's out of here?

Keep for def

Ewings

Buchanan

Barr

Wright

Docherty

Hopkins

Walters

Routledge

Lindsay

Fleming

Nade

McCallum

Bin

Brown

Not sure

Taggart

Gallagher

Kirkpatrick

Heff

Crawley

Ewings

? Buchanan Wright docherty

? ? Lindsay Walters

Nade McCallum

Routledge seems gone to Morton

So by my reckoning we need a GK, RB, CM, ST

From the list of those you'd be keeping, I'd add Taggart to that. I'm not fussed on Hopkins, I don't see what he's done to make him one we should be keeping.

If we could get one or even both of Lindsay and Waters again next season that would be great. And if Routledge is away then that places more importance in retaining Darren Barr.

What's certain for me though is that over the summer we need some more creativity in the midfield to be brought in. And of course we need more striking options, but they're difficult to come by. But midfield-wise we've been hopelessly lacking in any incision or forward-thinking play at times and that's what I think needs to be addressed most in the coming weeks.