Sons' sorrow

Like others I'm sorry to see Taggart leave. Not bothered about the others that much.

Hope we can get Brown off the books. And Nade back in again!

Would consider Aggy again if it was up to me.

As ever, the close season will be interesting.

I hope Stee gets it right this year. I think he will do a lot better, somehow.

Like others I'm sorry to see Taggart leave. Not bothered about the others that much.

Hope we can get Brown off the books. And Nade back in again!

Would consider Aggy again if it was up to me.

As ever, the close season will be interesting.

I hope Stee gets it right this year. I think he will do a lot better, somehow.

Heard brown is happy to sit on the bench and pick up a wage. Not interested in playing

Ryan Finnie's been let go by Alloa...With Taggart away the position could be his.

Can't help but think Finnie peaked in our promotion year. It's just been numerous clubs and bantz since then.

Heard brown is happy to sit on the bench and pick up a wage. Not interested in playing

Where do folk hear stuff like this?  Has Mark Brown actually told someone at the club that he's happy sitting on the bench?  Or is it guess work from someone because he headed down the tunnel on the last day of the season?

I'm not doubting it's the case, Brown has sat on benches pretty much his whole career, but if he's actively saying that he has no interest in playing for us and just wants to sit on the bench then I suggest we terminate his contract.

Can't help but think Finnie peaked in our promotion year. It's just been numerous clubs and bantz since then.

It'd be sad if he really did peak at age 17, but what a peak it was. An utterly superb wing back that season.

Bantz, #ink, nandos, lads, cryptic emotional burd tweets, #newwheels, #tinman.

Far, far too basic bitch for the Sons.

It'd be sad if he really did peak at age 17, but what a peak it was. An utterly superb wing back that season.

I agree his Twitter game is not 'on point', but I'm sure that'll be coached out of him by Sparky and his A grade Bantz.

I checked him up on Soccerbase and he's just turned 21. Mental when you consider he was with us at the start of this journey to where we are now. He's barely played more than a handful of games at any club he's been at since he left us, and so I think it's far too early to write him off as having peaked. 

Those nandos and tattoos won't pay for themselves, but I doubt he'd demand a big wage, we could do far, far worse than bring him in imo.

I agree his Twitter game is not 'on point', but I'm sure that'll be coached out of him by Sparky and his A grade Bantz.

I checked him up on Soccerbase and he's just turned 21. Mental when you consider he was with us at the start of this journey to where we are now. He's barely played more than a handful of games at any club he's been at since he left us, and so I think it's far too early to write him off as having peaked.

Those nandos and tattoos won't pay for themselves, but I doubt he'd demand a big wage, we could do far, far worse than bring him in imo.

I thought he was OK with us, I was never as convinced as everyone else seemed to be.

When he played against us for Alloa he was utterly woeful. League 2 bound, shouldn't be anywhere near this level IMO.

I thought he was OK with us, I was never as convinced as everyone else seemed to be.

When he played against us for Alloa he was utterly woeful. League 2 bound, shouldn't be anywhere near this level IMO.

You, sir, have just made a powerful enemy.

Was genuinely just thinking that same thing reading through the posts above. I honestly didn't think he was that good. Decent but we were nowhere near the team we are now.

Was genuinely just thinking that same thing reading through the posts above. I honestly didn't think he was that good. Decent but we were nowhere near the team we are now.

I'd agree with this and would also add Michael Miller into the same category.

I'd agree with this and would also add Michael Miller into the same category.

The thing that impressed me most about Finnie was how calm he looked. This was a guy who played in one of our biggest games in recent history, live on TV, infront of a big crowd in place of our suspended captain and strolled it...when he had just turned 17! That, for me anyway, suggested he could have enjoyed a far better career than he has to date.

Miller was very decent in my opinion, and did it at this level as well unlike Finnie. His performance alongside Andy Graham at Aberdeen was as good a display of defending as you're likely to see. Chipped in with a couple of goals too iirc.

I was disappointed we didn't manage to sign him when he joined Morton, and even more surprised that he's flopped there. He'd be my preferred option of the two, but both would be decent additions I reckon.

Anyway, why are this linking us with previous players dross?! Where are all the exciting new players we haven't heard of?!

Where are all the exciting new players we haven't heard of?!

Carlos Gomes do Nascimento from Sant Julià in the Andorran Primera Divisió is flying over for a trial in a few weeks time after Andorra's friendlies with Azerbaijan, Estonia and China are out the way.  22 years old and heaps of potential.  Stuart Millar has been watching him for weeks now despite having never seen him play.