Daniel Brady - No idea

Keiron Gibbons - Livingston

Rab the Romanian

Ryan Clark

Josh Peters - Hibs

Amadou Kassarate

Joel Kasubandi

Well...This should be interesting

Thought Clark and Kassarate were signed?

Thought Clark and Kassarate were signed?

They aren't, but they will be shortly. Both youth teamers.

McCallum's gone close after a wonderful run, Buchanan is captain and Mark Brown is wearing a Colts top.

Gibbons is at LB, we're playing 4-14-1 and Tatar looks like a constantly furious Nir Biton.

So aye. That's really it thus far.

Half time, it's not been thrilling. Or even really entertaining to be honest.

Gibbons has been decent enough and Kasubandi has looked lively...

The lad Peters hasn't touched the ball more than twice and big Rab looks off the pace.

Hopefully get the first teamers on in the 2nd and hit the net a few times.

That was a far better second half. Quite enjoyed it when the first teamers came on.

I'll spew some drivel later on when I get home, but I can confirm that OKI and Wilf have seen me say "Gallagher's done alright actually"

That first half was a non-event, as was most of the second until Stevie brought on the big guns.

Kasubandi looked decent in the first half but was beyond woeful in the second. He just couldn't do anything right and it was massively frustrating as he gave the ball away at every opportunity. On the contrary Tatar was a different player in the second period. Effortless passes and tackles and an absolute beauty to boot. He'd be a cracking signing.

Gibbons was fine at LB, if a bit wayward with his distribution, whilst the lad at RB (who looked very young) was solid enough without doing much standout either way.

Peters upfront appeared to be doing his best to avoid the ball. I think he touched about about 4 times and gave it away every single time. Not worth signing.

Kassarate and Clark from the 20s were decent enough. Clark played mainly in central midfield and certainly looked a lot older than he was. Decent tackler and looks like he will be a good squad player.

Kassarate was very slight, but showed some nice touches and good vision. Almost like a Senegalese McCallum type, but playing in midfield.

Then came the big guns, and immediately everything changed. David Smith was good, very direct, hardworking and absolutely rapid. He caused them all sorts of bother at the back.

Nowhere near as much as big Thommo though. Oh my, what a graceful big player he is. Flowing locks, beauty of a touch and tremendous with the ball at his feet. Gal swung over a high hopeful cross and he killed it stone dead before hitting the 'keeper from a matter of yards. He wouldn't be denied by long.

He was played through and took another beauty of a touch before gliding past the 'keeper who clipped him. Penalty.

Stevo had been quiet. Simple passes, a few clever touches, keeping possession, not much else, but he took it. It was a woeful penalty in all honesty, and the 'keeper got a big hand to it, but pushed it in.

A few minutes later big Romanian Rab sauntered forward and smashed the ball into the top corner. It was, like everything else he does, effortless. Think of Nir Biton at Celtic - that's what he was like.

A couple of minutes after that Thommo decided he fancied a goal, and got the best of the lot. A ball was played into his feet and he sort of heel-chopped it over two defenders, took a touch and fired a left-footed beauty into the opposite top corner.

The hair, the running style, the left peg. He has it all.

Andy Stirling threatened a bit as the game started to die out with Stevo, Gal and Rab controlling the middle of the park, but the sub 'keeper didn't have another save to make.

Looking forward to tomorrow night now, against far stronger opponents.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

That was a far better second half. Quite enjoyed it when the first teamers came on.

I'll spew some drivel later on when I get home, but I can confirm that OKI and Wilf have seen me say "Gallagher's done alright actually"

We've discussed which one of us will have that quote as our signature 😀

In keeping with previous pre season games not reading too much into it as game was there for a purpose. If the trialists were out to impress not sure any did enough

Awful night to drag myself through to broadwood but done now and done nice goals eventually

The first hour was dross but the intro of the first-teamers changed everything and demonstrated the differing levels between them and most of the trialists.  The only one of the latter to impress was Tatar, but someone needs to tell him to stop trying the 70-yard Hollywood diagonal ball.

This was my first sighting of Thomson and I was well impressed, but we really need another genuine striker on the books.  On the evidence of last night it won't be the lad Peters.

At this stage the squad we have looks to be sparse but reasonable in terms of quality, but injuries and suspensions will decimate it unless others can be added.

So I take nade not returning then has he signed elsewhere?

No, he won't be. I don't know if he's signed up anywhere yet, but we won't be seeing him back in Sons' colours this season I'm afraid.

As much as I love him he'd be a massive risk given our threadbare budget and his injury history. I'd be surprised if he was as prolific as he was with us anywhere else to be honest. It seemed like a perfect case of right player, right place, right time.

We've got Thommo anyway, and he's got far better hair  ;)

Kieron Gibbons is a centre mid and would be a decent signing IMO. Left back he is not

He's a good kid - gets wired in and gives his all.  Left back he aint tho, bit crappy taking him on trial and shoving him in there for his first match. Hes not even left footed

I imagine Gibbons will get a shot in midfield tonight, we had other trialists filling those roles last night. Aitken has also said he wants versatile players this year, he could have played him there to see how he fared as he probably knows what type of player he is in midfield.

Also, out TTL online shop is now live.  Fill yer boots Sons fans.

Edited by The Moonster

Be interesting to see how we line up tonight, if we start with a strong Xi or give the trialists another shot again.

Stranraer are a good team, so I'd far rather see the 1st Xi start and then maybe replace them on 50 or 60 minutes. Anyone else heading along?

Edit: I'd imagine the players who played 90 last night won't feature, so that would be Brown, Trialist RB, Pettigrew, Buchanan, Gibbons and Romanian Rab, though the latter never broke sweat so he might feature I guess.

Would also bring back in the guys who weren't there, Barr, Sparky and Fleming I'm guessing in place of Pettigrew, Gibbons and Peters/Kassarate/Kasubandi

Third edit: Assuming no one who plays the 90 starts, literally no idea who goes at RB, as Pettigrew looked to have picked up a knock early on yesterday but played on. Perhaps Gallagher, with Romanian Rab slotting into midfield if he's up to it. The game last night was played a hugely slow intensity, so he might be alright.

Jamie Ewings

No idea Darren Barr Frazer Wright Mark Docherty

Grant Gallagher

David Smith Ryan Stevenson Ryan Clark Andrew Stirling

Robert Thomson

Long awaited 4th edit:

1e030838eddbf16dc8a9c3b2c6c387d0.jpg

Edited by Sonsteam of 08