Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

He also called Jim Duffy ugly emoji23.png and he said that next week would be a new team basically. Fleming going off injured was a blessing in disguise IMO.

:lol: Jim Duffy is a fine looking man, if baldy, overweight raging chaps is your type.

Whereabouts did you see/hear this?

2 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Well that sounded pretty dire via the Twitter feed - was it any better in the flesh ?

We actually played well in parts but should have been out of sight by half time, another day we could have had 4/5/6.

First game I've seen since the end of last season, some observations from today..

Fraz looks to be struggling with the pace.

Was impressed with Stiriling.

We need 2 up front, Thomson needs someone along side him to benefit from his hard work, we looked more threatening when wee Don played up beside him.

I can understand why, because of his attributes, Stevie is trying to turn Garry into a defensive mid but I'm just not convinced that's his best role when we have Gal, Barr and potentially sparky that can play the role better.

27 shots at goal today which wasn't bettered by anyone else playing in the competition including ICT, Ross County and Dundee who all won 7-0, 13 on target only bettered by Dundee's 14. I prefer the f**k it, we'll score one more than you approach.

Edited by albundy

3 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

He also called Jim Duffy ugly emoji23.png and he said that next week would be a new team basically. Fleming going off injured was a blessing in disguise IMO.

Lol. Oor Jim is looking swav as f**k in his new tin flute.

Interesting to see where we look to build with the 5 signings. Today was a mixed bag of promise and despair. 

We should have been 4 up at half time and created lots of chances but our defending was poor in second half.

im siding with those who view that Fraz is just about done  and to be honest he gets no defensive support from Doc and they wer at fault for 2 of the goals.

Again without saying he is the answer Donald showed enough to merit more game time than he gets and his support made Thomson more of a threat.I just hope that our pending signings don't send Donald off to the bench wilderness 

persoanlly thought Stirling was mom .he was great today.Need a lot lot more from smith and Todd.

agree with others views that Stevenson is excellent on ball and good delivery. Get what was expected in terms of overall wrokrate

busy week ahead for stevie 

1 hour ago, cedrick1 said:

Interesting to see where we look to build with the 5 signings. Today was a mixed bag of promise and despair. 

We should have been 4 up at half time and created lots of chances but our defending was poor in second half.

im siding with those who view that Fraz is just about done  and to be honest he gets no defensive support from Doc and they wer at fault for 2 of the goals.

Again without saying he is the answer Donald showed enough to merit more game time than he gets and his support made Thomson more of a threat.I just hope that our pending signings don't send Donald off to the bench wilderness 

persoanlly thought Stirling was mom .he was great today.Need a lot lot more from smith and Todd.

agree with others views that Stevenson is excellent on ball and good delivery. Get what was expected in terms of overall wrokrate

busy week ahead for stevie 

I don't know if fraz is still carrying an injury or not. Assuming he is, I would suspect Barr would be a better option to start at CB if nearly fit. If we get a LB in this could hand the opportunity to play sparky play in his best? position and have Gal for competition. Would certainly like to see wee Don given more game time, especially up against less mobile defenders but I suspect with Garry out Stevie will be in the market for another centre forward.

16 hours ago, albundy said:

We actually played well in parts but should have been out of sight by half time, another day we could have had 4/5/6.

First game I've seen since the end of last season, some observations from today..

Fraz looks to be struggling with the pace.

Was impressed with Stiriling.

We need 2 up front, Thomson needs someone along side him to benefit from his hard work, we looked more threatening when wee Don played up beside him.

I can understand why, because of his attributes, Stevie is trying to turn Garry into a defensive mid but I'm just not convinced that's his best role when we have Gal, Barr and potentially sparky that can play the role better.

27 shots at goal today which wasn't bettered by anyone else playing in the competition including ICT, Ross County and Dundee who all won 7-0, 13 on target only bettered by Dundee's 14. I prefer the f**k it, we'll score one more than you approach.

Agree 100 percent with the above.Deffo need to play 2 up front.Need cover for wright just now until he gets up to full fitness.