Sons' sorrow

I wouldn't be too adverse to signing Brown or obengo, Brown was definitely competent, if not outstanding, I think he was just too similar to Lindsay last year, and that held us back, no harm in giving obengo a chance, doubtful he'd be a first pick, and probably on buttons, come on in lads

1 hour ago, bigmacDFC said:

Brown is pretty much the opposite of what we need in midfield - we need someone to stick rigidly to a defensive role; Brown is the most role-less centre mid I've seen.

^^^ never saw Tony "runs aimlessly, hiding from the ball and only has his first touch at 40 minute mark" Wallace play in central midfield for us. Also applies to Fergus Tiernan.

^^^ never saw Tony "runs aimlessly, hiding from the ball and only has his first touch at 40 minute mark" Wallace play in central midfield for us. Also applies to Fergus Tiernan.

I liked Tony Wallace, glad he's back playing senior football.

1 minute ago, bigmacDFC said:

I liked Tony Wallace, glad he's back playing senior football.

I liked him too, just not in central midfield where he tended to be hopeless, particularly in his early days and he was deservedly third choice central midfielder at that stage.

I liked him too, just not in central midfield where he tended to be hopeless, particularly in his early days and he was deservedly third choice central midfielder at that stage.

He was/is a player without a position.
I suppose Garry Fleming is the same, it is no easy task trying to explain to people what kind of player he is.

One of the guys who used to play with my team is with our U17s at the moment, and if just seen it confirmed on the website, that Frazer Wright is coaching them. Apparently he's absolutely fantastic to work with, not that I expected anything less, and I'm pleased we're giving him the opportunity - and the young lads the chance to earn from a real pro.

I suspect he'll be Stevie's replacement whenever he leaves (which I also suspect will be between now and this time next year if I'm honest).

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

One of the guys who used to play with my team is with our U17s at the moment, and if just seen it confirmed on the website, that Frazer Wright is coaching them. Apparently he's absolutely fantastic to work with, not that I expected anything less, and I'm pleased we're giving him the opportunity - and the young lads the chance to earn from a real pro.

I suspect he'll be Stevie's replacement whenever he leaves (which I also suspect will be between now and this time next year if I'm honest).

I'm pretty sure Fraz said he's not interested in managing and would prefer to go into coaching but I would like to see him stick around after he stops playing

2 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

I'm pretty sure Fraz said he's not interested in managing and would prefer to go into coaching but I would like to see him stick around after he stops playing

In that case assistant manager. Whichever route he goes down I think he'll be a big success. 

Aye he did, but I'm awfully sceptical about this signing bonanza. I just can't see it happening as much as I'd love to be wrong.

Anway this from the OS: "Manager Stevie Aitken reports that his squad tonight will have an emphasis on youth with some first team experience too."

Nobody tell Bankies Alive - he'll be seething.

Aye he did, but I'm awfully sceptical about this signing bonanza. I just can't see it happening as much as I'd love to be wrong.

Anway this from the OS: "Manager Stevie Aitken reports that his squad tonight will have an emphasis on youth with some first team experience too."

Nobody tell Bankies Alive - he'll be seething.

PRAY 4 BANKIES ALIVE

If we'd fancy a Hashtag terrific Tuesday then that'd be great.

Concerned we might pick up an injury in the Bankies game, it seems like an unnecessary risk to be honest - unless we play Barclay, Gallagher, Clarke and Kassarate with a handful of 17s to avoid potentially having about 9 fit senior players on Saturday.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Just now, lorenzo71 said:

Very disappointed about the lack of signings...and given this game tonight was supposed to be about giving them a run out,it makes me wonder if we have been unsuccessful so far in luring our targets.

We can play trialists tonight, so it's not the end of the world if we don't hear the confirmation before the match.  Stevie was talking on Saturday as if loan deals were done and it was just a matter of waiting on the clubs releasing the players to us. If we've signed nobody by Saturday then we can perhaps be disappointed and worried, but I'm sure we'll hear something.