Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Im actually from Dumbarton I just saw sense.

I'm disgusted by this. I hope there's a 'Wanted' poster with your face on it in every pub in G82.

I'm a Sons fan because my great granda was born in Greenock, lived in Clydebank but supported us...Nope I've nae idea what the attraction was either.

I don't like to get on local journalists backs, but there's some very weird stuff in the Reporters' match report from the Peterhead game:

Thomson prodded the ball home after Gregor Buchanan headed R Stevenson’s cross back across the goal for the striker.

D Smith collected his first goal for the Sons after R Stevenson picked out an excellent cross-field pass with Donald McCallum hitting the cross first time for Smith to head Dumbarton in front.

It was Mark Docherty's free-kick and R Stevenson is called Ryan. That's not difficult, especially with Twitter and SonsTV available.

The description of the 2nd goal is all wrong too. Stevo did play in McCallum (from memory) but his cross was overhit. Stirling took it down and played it to Josh Todd who crossed for Smith's goal.

The full thing is here, but it was very oddly written. I don't remember ever reading a match reporter that referred to players by their first initial

http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/14652945.Sons_finish_bottom_of_Cup_group_after_penalty_loss_to_Peterhead/

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

My dad was a bankies fan and i started off in Bowling so it was 6 and half a dozen and made sense to be a bankie :P. I did however have to work at most Dumbarton games last year so hardly got to a Bankies game. Im hoping not to be so badly treated by my employers this coming season. However it does have to be said you actually officially have the best behaved fans in the SPFL Championship possibly the country, so on one hand well done.

Perhaps you can ask your employers to calm the f**k down with road closures and the likes since we're a bunch of wee angels :P . Must be boring as f**k for you guys heading round every pub to see everyone quietly enjoying a drink and then having to stand and check everyone's tickets.

Perhaps you can ask your employers to calm the f**k down with road closures and the likes since we're a bunch of wee angels [emoji14] . Must be boring as f**k for you guys heading round every pub to see everyone quietly enjoying a drink and then having to stand and check everyone's tickets.

^^^ this x1,000,000

Must be the easiest shift on earth [emoji23]

Just now, kilbowie2002 said:

Think its actually the council who do the closures? I dont take anything to do with that side of things. Also the tickets thing I believe only happened at the Rangers game and the other Cat C games and thats to identify folks travelling to games without tickets who might cause trouble, that coupled with the good nature of the Dumbarton fans makes it an unfavourable option for risk support. The fact Dumbarton have decent common sense stewarding helps.

I've no idea, I always assumed it was the police who insisted on the road closing.  I get the reasoning behind ticketing matches, I just don't agree with it.

7 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Think its actually the council who do the closures? I dont take anything to do with that side of things. Also the tickets thing I believe only happened at the Rangers game and the other Cat C games and thats to identify folks travelling to games without tickets who might cause trouble, that coupled with the good nature of the Dumbarton fans makes it an unfavourable option for risk support. The fact Dumbarton have decent common sense stewarding helps.

You were going really well up until that last sentence.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Gonny be mass disappointment when we announce some unknown wean from Hamilton on a 6 month loan deal emoji23.png

It's got to the stage where I'll take that! It's been ages since our last transfer hit and I'm getting desperate. 

Stevie Aitken in a Jack Bauer-esque role, covering unfeasible distances across Scotland in short timescales, securing new players, to head off the total annihilation of DFC in time for the league season starting.

#sons24

Seeing Stevie Aitken at the game last night in his body warmer he reminded me more of this guy.....

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1470232578.185128.jpg

Maybe he could borrow the DeLorean and go back a few years to see if Charlie Gibson andPaddy Flannery could do a job ;)

Good Luck to The Sons for the forthcoming league campaign- honest !! :)