Sons' sorrow

Having watched Mark Brown over the last season I don't want him anywhere near the first team; indeed at times I've marvelled at his career record.

If Martin is as good as reported and Barclay as flakes then we release the latter and have Jazz and Martin vie for the position.

Some of the sniping at Jazz is way out of order by the way.

Why is it out of order? Because he's hung about for season after season being second choice? Because he stayed to applaud the fans after we got pumped?

I just don't think he's good enough to be a number one in our league, and I really don't think Brown is either!

Not trying to be out of order and defo not "fishing" just backing aitken's decision to bring in a new keeper.

59 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Two of the famous five now confirmed. Will today yield the remaining three? Is there a remaining three? Will Broon be punted?

f**k knows.

#sons24

Hopefully there's more to follow. The new faces are welcome but a left back and keeper isn't exactly what I had in mind at the beginning of the week.

1 hour ago, sarti pooh said:

Why is it out of order? Because he's hung about for season after season being second choice? Because he stayed to applaud the fans after we got pumped?

I just don't think he's good enough to be a number one in our league, and I really don't think Brown is either!

Not trying to be out of order and defo not "fishing" just backing aitken's decision to bring in a new keeper.

Did jezza steal your playtime snack or something?

I think must folk would've agreed with you at this time last year, however (by fluke or whatever if you want to believe that) he was outstanding last season and deserved to start the season as No.1.

It's all irrelevant however. He's injured - and will be for a while - and Martin is here to be our No.1 who, on paper and previous form at least, looks like a fantastic signing.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Lewis Toshney was our player of the year but Cuthbert got the managers' player of the year and the players' player of the year..

Cheers, knew he picked up some sort of award!

jaz.jpg

Well now that we've had an 8 page goalkeeper debate, we can say with some certainty that we won't be relegated. We've never been relegated in a keeper debate season.

Another signing before the weekend would have a lot of us a lot happier, here's hoping #sons24 reveals it.

Definitely two required signings, both highly rated, I do hope both start, you only have to look at Brown's penalty attempts at forfar, to see his heart is not in it, and with ewings out, Martin has to start, sparky, although a fans favourite, he has not been brilliant, for me, too many goals we lose down that side, centre half, centre forward, centre mid to come in, but I'd be starting Thomson and mccallum for a while to see how they can link up, looks a promising partnership

2 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Definitely two required signings, both highly rated, I do hope both start, you only have to look at Brown's penalty attempts at forfar, to see his heart is not in it, and with ewings out, Martin has to start, sparky, although a fans favourite, he has not been brilliant, for me, too many goals we lose down that side, centre half, centre forward, centre mid to come in, but I'd be starting Thomson and mccallum for a while to see how they can link up, looks a promising partnership

To be fair to Mark Brown he made a few cracking penalty saves last weekend. I agree though that Martin will start.

Just now, optimistic said:

First time you haven't argued with me over sparky

Haha, I love Sparky but he doesn't, and hasn't looked sharp thus far, so I can't disagree with you there! I wouldn't be averse to sticking him in a defensive midfield role where we were always told he was better, with Harvie at LB.

To be honest, I don't completely blame Sparky for all the goals conceded down his side. I also think the support from the wingers/midfield hasn't been anywhere near good enough. I think Sparky has been off the pace but it isn't all his fault. Unfortunately it is something we may have to get used to. The way we have been lining up in attack leaves us a little bit exposed, especially on the counter attack.