Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Haha, I love Sparky but he doesn't, and hasn't looked sharp thus far, so I can't disagree with you there! I wouldn't be averse to sticking him in a defensive midfield role where we were always told he was better, with Harvie at LB.

That is the way SA should set out team on saturday

Although i see the funny side i wont laugh as these sort of things tend to come back and bite us in the arse .These comments are poison in football.In Dylan Easton and Clyde's case they just got pumped 5 nil by particks u20s.

Still have cold sweats remembering hugh burns big interview in THE SUN saying how Dumbarton were going back to the Premier league where they belong(season 95/96), this after being top of the first division after 2 games.The rest  well, we all know how it turned out.Bottom of div 3 just 2 years later.I shall bite my tongue on this occasion.

Fairly honest from Stevie there, unless I'm mistaken that's the first time he's admitted to using too many players last year? His assessment of the League Cup I slightly disagree with but as he says it's in the past and we need to move on now.

He's aiming for 3 or 4 signings this week before we signed Martin and Harvie, so another 1 or 2 to come, hopefully before Saturday and things start to look a wee bit better.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fairly honest from Stevie there, unless I'm mistaken that's the first time he's admitted to using too many players last year? His assessment of the League Cup I slightly disagree with but as he says it's in the past and we need to move on now.

He's aiming for 3 or 4 signings this week before we signed Martin and Harvie, so another 1 or 2 to come, hopefully before Saturday and things start to look a wee bit better.

Post-match interview on Saturday - 5 signings lined up, everything in place, just waiting for this week.

This week, aiming for 3 or 4, and this was said before the 2 came in yesterday.

Both statements from the same man, both can't be right.

Confusion is the key.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Post-match interview on Saturday - 5 signings lined up, everything in place, just waiting for this week.

This week, aiming for 3 or 4, and this was said before the 2 came in yesterday.

Both statements from the same man, both can't be right.

Confusion is the key.

To be fair, did he not say "we're hoping for maybe as many as 4 or 5, we have deals lined up" on SonsTV?

I agree some of the stuff he's said is misleading and I think he says stuff sometimes because it's what he thinks people want to hear, but we could have been looking at bringing 5 in on Saturday and by the time Andy G has spoken to him he knows we can only get perhaps 3 or 4. I'll cut him some slack on that front for now...

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

To be fair, did he not say "we're hoping for maybe as many as 4 or 5, we have deals lined up" on SonsTV?

I agree some of the stuff he's said is misleading and I think he says stuff sometimes because it's what he thinks people want to hear, but we could have been looking at bringing 5 in on Saturday and by the time Andy G has spoken to him he knows we can only get perhaps 3 or 4. I'll cut him some slack on that front for now...

Have just re-watched the interview, in case I was misremembering, and to an extent I did.

12:10 into the video, he's asked about squad additions.  He says "Deals have been done, they're in place, they've been agreed, the players have agreed.  So this week there'll be a lot of action.  [more stuff about small squad]  12:45 he's asked about 3 players coming in, a defender, midfielder and an attacker, he responds by saying "No, maybe more, there's hope for maybe 4, 5 coming in"

Dylan Easton is such a wee p***k [emoji23]

Sons24 has been pretty underwhelming so far but maybe we'll get some juicy gossip later on. I do enjoy AG's interviews with the players but thought we might get a bit more than just those for this grand occasion. Early doors yet though!

Not always an option. The guys may be working during the day. AG may have had trouble getting an interview with everybody if they were all filmed. The SonsTV camera bloke might not have been available.

There are many other issues that would make getting video interviews a serious problem. The only viable way to overcome that would be to get everybody after the most recent training session, but that might not fit in with the gaffer's plans for training and may have been an issue for players who were up early for work the next day.

Putting everything out in a single day is possibly information overload, but it's certainly ambitious and a bit different in the build up to our league opener. Perhaps the club will tweak it next year, maybe go for a 24/7 approach and have news stories, opponent run downs and interviews over the course of the week running up to the league opener. Its good to see the club trying to get stuff out there for fans.

Not always an option. The guys may be working during the day. AG may have had trouble getting an interview with everybody if they were all filmed. The SonsTV camera bloke might not have been available.

There are many other issues that would make getting video interviews a serious problem. The only viable way to overcome that would be to get everybody after the most recent training session, but that might not fit in with the gaffer's plans for training and may have been an issue for players who were up early for work the next day.

Putting everything out in a single day is possibly information overload, but it's certainly ambitious and a bit different in the build up to our league opener. Perhaps the club will tweak it next year, maybe go for a 24/7 approach and have news stories, opponent run downs and interviews over the course of the week running up to the league opener. Its good to see the club trying to get stuff out there for fans.

All the club needs to do is to reach out to fans.

I'm confident more fans than AG and sons Tv camera bloke are skilled in this area.

Some who do it for a living might be willing to do it ;)

FWIW Dylan Easton still blames folk at us for him ending up in part-time football, despite the fact he regularly turned up to training late, sometimes hungover.