Sons' sorrow

4 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Although i see the funny side i wont laugh as these sort of things tend to come back and bite us in the arse .These comments are poison in football.In Dylan Easton and Clyde's case they just got pumped 5 nil by particks u20s 

Not in Eastons case. That game meant so much to Barry Ferguson and the rest of the first team that they trained on the astro next door and let our u20s play Thistle u20s. Suppose it's only fair. 

Dylan Easton was woeful in a Sons jersey. Lightweight, no real ability or vision and all the heart and commitment of a sugar mouse.

I occasionally go to Pollok games and I'd have been unhappy to see him end up there, never mind some kind of level in senior football.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

I actually quite liked Easton. I have no doubt he was a bit of a roaster off the pitch, but on it I thought that if he got a bit stronger he could be a handy wee player. He also won us a crucial penalty against Alloa - having been fouled by none other than Kevin Cawley.

He wasn't great by any stretch, but there's a talent in there if he's prepared to grow up a bit. I can see him doing pretty well for Clyde.

Anyway, back on topic. P.I.T.K I'm confident we'll get some news tonight or tomorrow - based on nothing but blind optimism. 

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I genuinely thought Easton was awful for us. Thought he was better than he was and there 2as nothing more frustrating than watching him dribble by 3 players then balloon the ball out the park.

I also remember him getting slaughtered off half the players in League 2 for tweeting about Elgin being Champions in January or something [emoji23]

By all accounts he seems like an absolute helmet of a boy.

A couple of days before the new Season starts & we're still scrambling around for players???

A farce, to be honest. [emoji20]

The season has technically started what with the cup nonsense, but I know what you mean.

I'd have liked us to have everything tied up by now as well, but given the nature of the loan market, I'm not too concerned that we're still working to get bodies on board, the majority of our squad is sorted.

If we're weeks into the season and still haven't made any more additions (presumably they'll be loans) in addition to those players borough in this week, then then I'll certainly be concerned.

Hmmmm, if I were manager I'd like to think I knew my starting lineup for the 1st match of the new season. I'd also like to have seen them play together, whether in friendlies or the League Cup. Something amiss for me. I'm struggling with Aitken's "schtick" tbh.

Hope I'm wrong. Sinking feeling though.

We'll probably win on Saturday :o:lol:

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

This is always the case with loan deals, very rarely do they happen early on in pre-season. I'd imagine the new Irn Bru cup shite has made it that bit more difficult to get loans in quickly.

I'd rather we waited for good players instead of signing duffers just to make up the numbers.

Yep! The majority of loans don't happen until mid August. I always like to think if a player's parent club are having a proper look at them, then you have a better chance of getting a decent loanee nearer the end of the window.

Thinking about starting 11's, I wonder how the starting 11 compare to the players/team that played the most in each of the last 5 seasons or so? Did any of the opening day starting 11's end up being the same for any length of time in their respective seasons?

7 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Hmmmm, if I were manager I'd like to think I knew my starting lineup for the 1st match of the new season. I'd also like to have seen them play together, whether in friendlies or the League Cup. Something amiss for me. I'm struggling with Aitken's "schtick" tbh.

Hope I'm wrong. Sinking feeling though.

We'll probably win on Saturday :o:lol:

We've been looking for players at this point in the season for as long as I can remember. A look around the division shows we're not the only team looking to do so either. Most of our rivals are still looking to add to the squad. Even under Murray we didn't know what the best 11 was at this point.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-championship-2016-17-hibernian-8558615#YCc4ELhLyd6DwiFx.97

I don't mind if we get the signings in before the weekend because we are just making up the numbers before our league 1 campaign next year. Not even a should, apparently we will go down. And while Paul Cairney will be an outstanding signing for Ayr as long as he's fit. Ryan Stevenson could show glimpses of ability but fitness will be an issue.

36 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-championship-2016-17-hibernian-8558615#YCc4ELhLyd6DwiFx.97

I don't mind if we get the signings in before the weekend because we are just making up the numbers before our league 1 campaign next year. Not even a should, apparently we will go down. And while Paul Cairney will be an outstanding signing for Ayr as long as he's fit. Ryan Stevenson could show glimpses of ability but fitness will be an issue.

I wouldn't take too much offence from that article. They don't understand that dismal early season cup exits are par for the course down at the Rock.

Hopefully the lads can prove the pundits wrong once the real stuff starts and the squad settles down.