Sons' sorrow

11 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

24 site updates in 24 hours.  Signing news - zero.

:(

ETA - enjoyed the updates, and it's all been a great effort, was just hoping that we would announce a signing.

I'm living on the hope that sons24 was a thing in it's own right and any other news would be given after it's done. I've enjoyed it all, it's definitely upped my optimism a wee bit, even though I can see most of the interviews for what they are. It's been excellently presented too and a massive thanks needs to go to Andy Galloway for putting it all together. Terrific effort and I very much appreciate it.

Let's hope we top it off with signing news and head into tomorrow with at least some sort of normal looking squad.

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Told yees

Ooft! They fair enough building suspense :lol: better be a good un...

Joe Thomas. Wonder how he compares to Lindsay? 

2nd edit to add... what is a 'Temporary Transfer? How temporary is it?

Edited by squeezeboxson

3 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Ooft! They fair enough building suspense :lol: better be a good un...

Joe Thomas. Wonder how he compares to Lindsay? 

2nd edit to add... what is a 'Temporary Transfer? How temporary is it?

*Thomson

Until January 17, it says in the article

Edited by Boghead ranter

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

*Thomson

Until January 17, it says in the article

Typed quickly and my phone must have auto corrected that. Apologies ;)

Just wondering why they have called it a 'temporary transfer'? Sounds like something good I got inside a sweetie wrapper when I was younger...

Mostly deployed in a double pivot role in McIntyre’s favoured 4-2-3-1 system, Thomson’s work-rate and ability to dictate the tempo and pace of a match are two clear qualities.

Coached by club captain Scott Brown and having played alongside the likes of Allan, Charlie Mulgrew and Callum McGregor already this term, Thomson looks to have gained vital positional discipline and awareness from these first-team regulars.

Best described as a box-to-box player, Thomson appears to be best utilised as a sitting midfielder.

In this role, he has the scope and freedom to bring the ball out of defence and demonstrate his range of passing. While he has the ability to play in a more attacking position, Thomson’s real strengths lie in operating between the solid Celtic defence, who have conceded just 11 goals all season, and the attacking midfield trio behind the lone striker

Source- http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-footballs-next-big-thing-11183299

9 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Decent player great engine and work rate not the most skilful or cutting edge player but can go box to box all day with a eye for goal 

Sounds a bit like a slightly more attacking, slightly less composed version of Jamie Lindsay. Ideal.

This lad sounds like he's EXACTLY what we need. Actually sounds fairly similar to Jamie Lindsay. Very pleased with this one.

#sons24 and the 3 signings have me feeling right up for it now. Our threadbare squad is now looking to have a bit more depth.

Should we expect anymore? I know Stevie had mentioned wanting another striker...