Sons' sorrow

Just now, Mr X said:

Why? Deadline day isnt that relevant to clubs at this level. 

Well, mainly because our manager put out a tweet last night suggesting there may be movement before the window closes. Also, constantly refreshing our official site is far less soul destroying than doing my actual job.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Well, mainly because our manager put out a tweet last night suggesting there may be movement before the window closes. Also, constantly refreshing our official site is far less soul destroying than doing my actual job.

Fair enough

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Don't you come here farting your negativeness all over our deadline day drama.

Sorry :(

7 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Nope, sorry they are all wrong. You "slap" a price tag on a player prior to him inevitably "handing" in his transfer request - like it's a wee note that says "Gaffer, I want a transfer to a big team. From [[Player Name]]".

I shall now demonstrate a cliche ridden transfer snippet as it should be written.

"Dumbarton manager Stevie Aitken has slapped a £5m price tag on wantaway star Grant Gallagher after the Morton target handed in a written transfer request on Monday evening" 

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

"Dumbarton manager Stevie Aitken has slapped a £5m price tag on wantaway star Grant Gallagher after the Morton target handed in a written transfer request on Monday evening" 

How are you feeling about your best pal so far this season? I'm happy for him to play as long as he isn't moved from where he has been playing the last few games. I'd say as one of his critics I was wrong going on this atm. 

Sounds like it would have been your dream a matter of weeks ago S08? :lol:

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

How are you feeling about your best pal so far this season? I'm happy for him to play as long as he isn't moved from where he has been playing the last few games. I'd say as one of his critics I was wrong going on this atm. 

Sounds like it would have been your dream a matter of weeks ago S08? :lol:

He played a part in the concession of the goal at the weekend and looked a bit lost when Joe Thomson went off, but apart from that he's been fine. I thought he finally showed us how useful he could be at Cappielow (again) and went soaring in my estimations when he (for no apparent reason) decided to slide tackle a Morton player who was about 20 yards from the ball.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether or not I've been dreaming about us punting Grant Gallagher for £5m :whistle

I have my doubts over whether or not there's anything in it, but a guy I follow on Twitter has telt me that he heard we were interested in Andrew Murdoch who has just been released by Rangers.

Was on loan at QOS last season and was pretty decent so I'd imagine he'll get a bigger club than us, but thought I'd stick it on here so we can chat about it before he inevitably signs for someone else.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I have my doubts over whether or not there's anything in it, but a guy I follow on Twitter has telt me that he heard we were interested in Andrew Murdoch who has just been released by Rangers.

Was on loan at QOS last season and was pretty decent so I'd imagine he'll get a bigger club than us, but thought I'd stick it on here so we can chat about it before he inevitably signs for someone else.

Murdoch is a defensive midfielder is he not? I'm not sure that would be the best use of the little we have left, we already have Gallagher, JT and Barr to play in there with others able to cover when needed.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Murdoch is a defensive midfielder is he not? I'm not sure that would be the best use of the little we have left, we already have Gallagher, JT and Barr to play in there with others able to cover when needed.

Think he's a deep lying playmaker type, but I might be wrong. He's a good player, but like you say I really don't think we need another centre-mid.

I will put a safe tenner that if we are to get any signing news tonight it'll arrive at about 10:55pm.