Sons' sorrow

On 10/02/2017 at 17:16, DumbartonTheSons said:

:lol:

Well thanks anyway for being able and willing to feed back its content to us all.

It being opposed is a good thing as far as I'm concerned, certainly while there's still the blatant lack of substance to the plan or any firm facts and figures, but do we really think they'll be forced to shelve it or is it more realistic that it'll happen despite the opposition to it?

Apologies if this has already been covered, but whats plan B? What have the current owners said will happen if these plans dont go ahead?

Apologies if this has already been covered, but whats plan B? What have the current owners said will happen if these plans dont go ahead?

Eh, I think Brabco have said they'll build a small development in the car park of the ground, to recoup their money and then run away. Plan GTF as OKI named it.

The thing is their reason for moving is that 'we are bad neighbours' so I can't think why anybody would want a flat backing onto a football pitch...Although that doesn't seem to have stood in the way of their new, massive football and residential development idea.

Basically, they don't actually fully know. They have briefly mentioned 1 or 2 things (covered by S08) but you can tell that they aren't concrete.

Make no mistake, these guys are utter charlatans and I have no doubt they have zero concern what happens to the club so long as they get their investment back, preferably with added profit. The supporters of DFC absolutely need to be on the ball here, Ian Wilson does not care about DFC, has no idea about football or football clubs in general (that much is obvious) and I have no doubt he would do whatever it takes to get Brabco their money. Wilson is a bumbling mess who quite clearly thinks he can fool supporters with nonsense chat. He's also depending on a planning consultant charming the local public.

I'm nae trust rep nor am I asked to recruit for them but the only real way to make a difference is to join. The more we have the stronger we are and we can maybe all chip in to pay Nade to shoulder barge Wilson tae fuck.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Basically, they don't actually fully know. They have briefly mentioned 1 or 2 things (covered by S08) but you can tell that they aren't concrete.

Make no mistake, these guys are utter charlatans and I have no doubt they have zero concern what happens to the club so long as they get their investment back, preferably with added profit. The supporters of DFC absolutely need to be on the ball here, Ian Wilson does not care about DFC, has no idea about football or football clubs in general (that much is obvious) and I have no doubt he would do whatever it takes to get Brabco their money. Wilson is a bumbling mess who quite clearly thinks he can fool supporters with nonsense chat. He's also depending on a planning consultant charming the local public.

I'm nae trust rep nor am I asked to recruit for them but the only real way to make a difference is to join. The more we have the stronger we are and we can maybe all chip in to pay Nade to shoulder barge Wilson tae fuck.

That was the reason for the question, really. The development plans look ropey, at best, but if they dont go ahead the future for the club could be worse :(

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

That was the reason for the question, really. The development plans look ropey, at best, but if they dont go ahead the future for the club could be worse :(

Aye, and even if the plans DO go ahead i'd fear for the future of Sons. Don't know anyone who wants to go watch DFC @ Dalmoak.

Tis' worrying either way.

That was the reason for the question, really. The development plans look ropey, at best, but if they dont go ahead the future for the club could be worse [emoji20]

Indeed.

With the initial plans now being laughed at by the general public, as well as supporters, my main concern is what happens if they fall through. The battle certainly wont be won if we manage to halt the initial move, some may argue the consequences of that could be even worse than if the move actually goes ahead.

Who knows what the bumbling fool will have lined up...

Eh, I think Brabco have said they'll build a small development in the car park of the ground, to recoup their money and then run away. Plan GTF as OKI named it.

The thing is their reason for moving is that 'we are bad neighbours' so I can't think why anybody would want a flat backing onto a football pitch...Although that doesn't seem to have stood in the way of their new, massive football and residential development idea.

There is a problem with that Plan B. If the problem with extending the stadium at its current location is that there is no room for additional parking, how would developing the current car park for housing be allowed? I don't think it would. Also the land there needs too much remediation. That might be the ultimate safeguard should Dalmoak fail to materialise.

There is a problem with that Plan B. If the problem with extending the stadium at its current location is that there is no room for additional parking, how would developing the current car park for housing be allowed? I don't think it would. Also the land there needs too much remediation. That might be the ultimate safeguard should Dalmoak fail to materialise.

Don't let common sense get in the way of Brabco's ideas. That just shows that you "don't share my ambition for the club" (copyright I.Wilson, 2016).

The main danger for the club I felt was that it seemed the land value at the Rock was much higher than the value of the club as a going concern. At one time a land value of 11 million was being spoken about in some quarters. It would seem that there has been a reality check in that the land is contaminated and as such would require expensive remediation for it to be used for house building. That is I believe why the 2014/15 plan was revised so that the return on Brabco's investment was to come almost entirely from Dalmoak with the land value at the Rock being a fraction of that initially envisaged.

2 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

The main danger for the club I felt was that it seemed the land value at the Rock was much higher than the value of the club as a going concern. At one time a land value of 11 million was being spoken about in some quarters. It would seem that there has been a reality check in that the land is contaminated and as such would require expensive remediation for it to be used for house building. That is I believe why the 2014/15 plan was revised so that the return on Brabco's investment was to come almost entirely from Dalmoak with the land value at the Rock being a fraction of that initially envisaged.

If the first plan was ambitious then I'd take some convincing that the current one isn't foolhardy. Apologies for replying to myself!

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

What I think will happen? We build phase 1 which will be 1500-2000 capacity, they'll give in on the flooding and build one training pitch where the 5 a side pitches are, they'll then tell us they've not made as much as they thought from the residential sale (or "ran into unexpected costs in the build process") and now that they've pocketed some cash they sell up to the first bidder and get themselves to fuck. So we end up with a half done stadium in the shitest place in Dumbarton with one community pitch that nobody in the community can get to without the use of a car and who knows who owns what.

Perhaps that's too cynical, but I'm preparing for it.

Sorry for not having been around on PnB for a while - I'll catch up with comments / questions and add anything if needs be. I'm guessing most of you saw the Lennox Herald (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-fc-make-case-135m-9785118) and the Reporter (http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/news/15084485.Stadium_move_goes_before_community_council/) last week.

You've already had some feedback about the Silverton and Overton Community Council meeting. I will be at the Dumbarton East and Central one tonight. 

The Reporter will have a *much* bigger piece (front lead and page 7 today), including a full statement from the Sonstrust, coming out today. Look out for that and please DO write in to the paper with your views. 

Our trust board (https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/trust-board/) is scheduled to meet with Ian Wilson of Brabco this weekend. One of the tasks after that will be to get the promised FAQ together, so that questions here and elsewhere don't have to get repeated and answered in a piecemeal way. 

Also, has been said above, **we need the largest number of people on board with the trust** so that we can continue to hold this stadium development process to account, to engage with it, and make your voices heard. Join here or see Tommy Hughes on match days: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/join-here/

As always, you can always PM me here, or I'll let you have my email, if you want to ask anything further.

Cheers,

Simon

56 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Bang bang Wilson. Come at us bro.

Just to be clear - we're not spoiling for any kind of fight here; just stating things as they are, in a reasonable way, and looking for a response which takes the fans seriously and answers the questions that people want answering.

Our *only* concern as a trust in all this is to ensure the security of DFC, to seek the best possible deal on any development proposals, and to develop a growing stake in the future of the club we love. 

Given the (understandable) public concern, scepticism and questions over the stadium move development, it's important also to say that DFC faces big challenges if this *doesn't* go ahead, too. Money is tight, costs are increasing, attendance isn't buoyant, and there's no tooth fairy to bail us out. So simply sticking a finger at the current owners isn't a viable strategy, either.

We are pursuing conversations with them in good faith, wanting communication, assurances, information and engagement.

But whatever happens, you can be sure that we'll be sticking up for the best interests of DFC and of you (all of us), the supporters. And that we'll continue to keep you informed and involved as best we can. 

Best, Simon

Just to be clear - we're not spoiling for any kind of fight here; just stating things as they are, in a reasonable way, and looking for a response which takes the fans seriously and answers the questions that people want answering.
Our *only* concern as a trust in all this is to ensure the security of DFC, to seek the best possible deal on any development proposals, and to develop a growing stake in the future of the club we love. 
Given the (understandable) public concern, scepticism and questions over the stadium move development, it's important also to say that DFC faces big challenges if this *doesn't* go ahead, too. Money is tight, costs are increasing, attendance isn't buoyant, and there's no tooth fairy to bail us out. So simply sticking a finger at the current owners isn't a viable strategy, either.
We are pursuing conversations with them in good faith, wanting communication, assurances, information and engagement.
But whatever happens, you can be sure that we'll be sticking up for the best interests of DFC and of you (all of us), the supporters. And that we'll continue to keep you informed and involved as best we can. 
Best, Simon

I jest Simon. Although if you do require someone to take him on in a bare knuckle brawl, winner takes all type scenario just give me a shout.