Sons' sorrow

I highly doubt Gaston will leave us. He'll probably be one of our highest paid players and is entering his last year under contract. McGowan is apparently getting put out on loan to League 1/2 to let him get some proper experience. 

You can't have him and Mitchell I'm afraid. Sharing is caring.

30 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Gallacher is a free agent, in answer to my earlier point. Go for him Stevie, he's 27 and hasn't played a lot of football (just like Aldo). He should relish the chance to be our #1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39898367

Grant Holt looks about the same weight as me in that photo.

Don't wish to be too negative about things, but is anyone else concerned that Nade could end up going the way he did with Stranraer last year, this season? I know he is an injury concern at all times, but after the natural lift of him coming in and scoring a few important goals, he didn't do much and actually looked really unfit.

I hope a good preseason helps him get fit again, but I don't think it was unrealistic to expect he could have gotten fit from when he signed to the end of the season with all the football he was playing.

Still happy to have him signed up of course. Heard that Bob McHugh has been released, surprisingly in my opinion. But he will go to Morton or a team of that kind of size unfortunately.

I spoke to Nade before one of the home games about a couple months ago. He said then that had an issue with a tight hamstring and it did seem to bother him. To his credit though he still played in most of the games after that. If that could be sorted out pre season I don't see why he couldn't be productive.

Nade came to the club both times on the back of not playing much in the first half of the season and made an impact each time. If he gets a good pre season under his belt and the usual amount of game time we usually give him, I reckon his goal tally will be in double figures.

7 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Don't wish to be too negative about things, but is anyone else concerned that Nade could end up going the way he did with Stranraer last year, this season? I know he is an injury concern at all times, but after the natural lift of him coming in and scoring a few important goals, he didn't do much and actually looked really unfit.

I hope a good preseason helps him get fit again, but I don't think it was unrealistic to expect he could have gotten fit from when he signed to the end of the season with all the football he was playing.

Still happy to have him signed up of course. Heard that Bob McHugh has been released, surprisingly in my opinion. But he will go to Morton or a team of that kind of size unfortunately.

Nope. The reason he was poor at Stranraer was Brian Reid, who he absolutely hated. He's the sort of guy who needs a manager to put his arm around him, and Reid pretty much did the exact opposite. He loves working with Stevie because he knows he trusts and believes in him.

Whilst he was nowhere near as prolfic as he was last time, he was actually still pretty effective. 4 goals and 4 assists in 10 starts and 5 sub appearances is a pretty decent return, and if he could replicate that over the season he'd pretty much match Robert Thomson's record.

My only worry is his body, as he does has a habit of picking up wee injuries (the hamstring one mentioned above) that last for quite a while. Steer cleer of them and I think he'll have another pretty decent season.

McHugh would probably be a perfect partner for him. Does little apart from scoring goals, but I don't see us being able to attract him either, and if we were I don't see us playing 4-4-2.

He looked to be struggling with the pace of the games towards the end of last season but the class was still there in small flicks, defence splitting passes, etc.

If Stevie thinks he can still contribute something then we have to trust his judgement on that and hope a good pre season gets him ready.

I think while Nade does struggle with injuries, that's no secret, I don't think he looked particularly 'unfit' as such, more issues with mobility. Which i suppose are intertwined, but I think it's just his style.

As has been said, he can thread a great pass and is still a force for opposing defenders to deal with.

I think as has also been said, working with Aitken again can only be a good thing and I reckon with a good pre-season and a decent rub of the green, he could be great for us for a full season this time.

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

McHugh did nowt for us this season, he's better as a sub than starter though but this year his 90+ last gasp heroics deserted him . He can finish, just doesn't do it often enough.

Davie Smith also did nowt for you, I'd be happy to take the risk.

Has anyone heard that we're getting a new home kit this season? Saw it mentioned on Facebook a few weeks back, but didn't think anything of it, before I got a message just there asking if I'd heard about it.

Hopefully the band is less yellow and more gold - and there's less black - apart from that I'd change little.