Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

The amount of times the camera panned to them tonight was ridiculous!

Going to make the long journey north for Sunday. Hopefully it'll be less gut-wrenching than the last Sons game I attended.

They cheered him off when he was subbed. Needless to say, I booed him and them for it. Fortunately he was pretty hopeless tonight anyway. 

How many sons fans still want all the ex sons back in our team following this evening?

6 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

They cheered him off when he was subbed. Needless to say, I booed him and them for it. Fortunately he was pretty hopeless tonight anyway. 

How many sons fans still want all the ex sons back in our team following this evening?

Ultimately none of them on that performance albeit if Kirkpatrick hadn’t trudged off injured then he may have staked a claim. I thought he looked reasonably sharp before his evening came to an abrupt end. It’ll be to our benefit if he’s ruled out for the 2nd leg.

4 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Ultimately none of them on that performance albeit if Kirkpatrick hadn’t trudged off injured then he may have staked a claim. I thought he looked reasonably sharp before his evening came to an abrupt end. It’ll be to our benefit if he’s ruled out for the 2nd leg.

Didn't think he done much - ironically just said on the match thread. He had a single shot but otherwise ran about aimlessly.

7 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Nothing wrong with showing respect to an ex player who gave everything he had for the club. Thought Fleming did ok in the deeper role but it’s clear to me that League 1 is his level now. Good player for us in his day though.

2 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

Nothing wrong with showing respect to an ex player who gave everything he had for the club. Thought Fleming did ok in the deeper role but it’s clear to me that League 1 is his level now. Good player for us in his day though.

I think he sees himself as a sort of Scottish lower-league, latter-day Wayne Rooney - dropping deep to fizz the passes about.

Unfortunately, like Rooney, the best part of Garry’s game was driving at opposition defences and steamrolling them; he appears to have lost that.

We have Harmonica Lewinsky playing in the bar before the final on Sunday, wee video of them below and they have other videos on Youtube for your listening pleasure.  There fronted by a well known poster on here (he can out himself if he wishes although I'm sure most of you will know him anyway!) and they're getting themselves back together specially for this occasion, which is hugely appreciated.  It should be a great atmosphere so get yourselves down for a pint and a listen!

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We have Harmonica Lewinsky playing in the bar before the final on Sunday, wee video of them below and they have other videos on Youtube for your listening pleasure.  There fronted by a well known poster on here (he can out himself if he wishes although I'm sure most of you will know him anyway!) and they're getting themselves back together specially for this occasion, which is hugely appreciated.  It should be a great atmosphere so get yourselves down for a pint and a listen!

Superb !!!!

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I feel like this is a great thing getting the pre match entertainment but it certainly is compromising to some of us in revealing who we are on this forum :lol: especially for the likes of myself who can't hide much now...

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

I feel like this is a great thing getting the pre match entertainment but it certainly is compromising to some of us in revealing who we are on this forum :lol: especially for the likes of myself who can't hide much now...

I do apologise but I'm afraid it comes with the territory :lol:

You were superb last week, you should have nothing to hide over anyway!

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I do apologise but I'm afraid it comes with the territory :lol:

You were superb last week, you should have nothing to hide over anyway!

:lol: I thoroughly enjoyed it to be honest... even if the guy playing drums was a Rangers/Ayr fan...

Quality match day entertainment in store.

Does the reformed line up feature a drummer?

2 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Your name and my avatar kind of give us away.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's a superb name! :lol: