Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

That would be grand.

Forward it onto the Club

I'm pretty sure every senior Scottish club's badge is registered with the Scottish football authorities and to change the basic design involves a submission and approval process.  The basic design has been retained here but with the addition of the scroll so I assume it can be classed as a minor change.

In any case, why fanny about with a badge which is widely known throughout football ?  Change just for change's sake ?

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I can tell you that a courteous response was received from club Chairman Neil McKay with the suggestion of a face-to-face meeting at the ground last Saturday morning.  That meeting took place - I was a participant - but in the intervening period it had become overshadowed by the publication of the letter in the national press due to an unforeseen and erroneous upload to the Trust website for which the Trust Board reps accepted full responsibility.  The club Board of Directors was understandably unhappy at what was private correspondence entering the public domain. 

I have no intention to go into detail of the meeting here but as time permits there will be a summarised account of proceedings provided to Trust members.  In saying that there is no attempt being made to hide anything and there is no attempt at stifling debate.  Supporters should however be aware that both the DFC Board and the Trust Board now have a greater understanding of the issues raised in the letter, with ourselves in the Trust appreciative of the opportunity to fully and passionately articulate the concerns of our members and the wider Sons support.    

That is promising your letter has been given the respect and answers it so deserves, where are you hoping to address fans of Dumbarton?

i noticed that some of your youngsters had dropped away this week sadly, albeit this may have been due to their silly flare issue week before.

Not all fans are trust members and their views are equally important for the club.

if you were present at the board of directors meeting was the Trust director present too or were they incapable of holding this meeting to represent your trust.

its sad but it appears to be disintegrating before your eyes.

your last director appeared to communicate well and liaise with fans, open and honest has to be the order of the day.

l offered to assist with a few things but I’ve not heard back and my offer to sponsor certain things has gone unanswered maybe money isn’t required 

I'm pretty sure every senior Scottish club's badge is registered with the Scottish football authorities and to change the basic design involves a submission and approval process.  The basic design has been retained here but with the addition of the scroll so I assume it can be classed as a minor change.
In any case, why fanny about with a badge which is widely known throughout football ?  Change just for change's sake ?
It's only for the 150th Anniversary kits for 1 season.

I assume we would go back to normal again for the following season.

43 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

If that’s the case then why bother changing it at all for the anniversary? I’d rather just keep the original than the luminous yellow Microsoft Paint job that we posted on the OS. If we can’t be arsed doing it properly then there’s no point in doing it at all. 

And watermark it before you do.
I don't care about watermarking etc. I used the club's original badge and just removed and recoloured parts. It was just a quick bit of tinkering.

I just hope we don't end up using that one in the website article.

If that’s the case then why bother changing it at all for the anniversary? I’d rather just keep the original than the luminous yellow Microsoft Paint job that we posted on the OS. If we can’t be arsed doing it properly then there’s no point in doing it at all. 
I agree! Get it done professionally or leave it alone.

43 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

"Just change for change's sake"

Well our 150th year of existence is quite special & that crest posted by super-son looks quite classy.

Certainly looks better than adding an unimaginative, shitty looking scroll beneath our current badge, as was posted on the official DFC website.

Quite remarkable that a fan on a football chat site can come up with something better than our dear leader's isn't it? 

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I can tell you that a courteous response was received from club Chairman Neil McKay with the suggestion of a face-to-face meeting at the ground last Saturday morning.  That meeting took place - I was a participant - but in the intervening period it had become overshadowed by the publication of the letter in the national press due to an unforeseen and erroneous upload to the Trust website for which the Trust Board reps accepted full responsibility.  The club Board of Directors was understandably unhappy at what was private correspondence entering the public domain. 

I have no intention to go into detail of the meeting here but as time permits there will be a summarised account of proceedings provided to Trust members.  In saying that there is no attempt being made to hide anything and there is no attempt at stifling debate.  Supporters should however be aware that both the DFC Board and the Trust Board now have a greater understanding of the issues raised in the letter, with ourselves in the Trust appreciative of the opportunity to fully and passionately articulate the concerns of our members and the wider Sons support.    

No detail again from the trust. Seems there's alot of sweeping going on. 

8 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I agree who is attending meetings with DFC board is the Trust director fit for your purpose if incapable of asking questions without back up.

i smell a rat and as a fan base we need to be more proactive 

you don’t want 150 years to fall by wayside 

12 hours ago, Daddycool said:

I agree who is attending meetings with DFC board is the Trust director fit for your purpose if incapable of asking questions without back up.

i smell a rat and as a fan base we need to be more proactive 

you don’t want 150 years to fall by wayside 

Quick question, are you a paid member of the Trust? 

12 hours ago, the snudge said:

The Trust is made up of a tiny handful of volunteers, I don’t think they deserve any criticism here. We do however have a supposed fans rep lording it up with a seat on the board who provides us with the square root of f**k all in terms of updates. We don’t even know if she is presenting our concerns to the board/owners. 

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:

Stick that on the bonfire of ill-judged reponses around this whole sorry episode.

I think this is yet another classic case where people should pause, count to a least ten and then ask themselves if they are really happy to send this Tweet or post. 

At least I'm hoping that's what it is.