Sons' sorrow

Every time I see 'Hot' against this thread I have a feeling of impending disappointment.  And I've not been let down on this occasion either.

Finlay Gray undoubtedly has the potential to go further and a team like QoS could be a decent fit, but be assured Sons fans, if there is so much as a tenner in it your current Chairman and Board will be fully directed by the The Man With The Ban. 

1 minute ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

With regards to us signing players for next season , does anyone have anyone they would like to sign or know of players we could potentially be looking at? 

As ever with part time bottom tier football, it'll be a few young guys you've never heard of and a few guys in their 20s that you've vaguely heard of playing for someone like Albion Rovers.

1 minute ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

With regards to us signing players for next season , does anyone have anyone they would like to sign or know of players we could potentially be looking at? 

I imagine he'll have a few clubs after him. But if we were to get money for Finlay then I would like to see us take a punt on Josh Fowler at Beith. He's got about 25 goals for them this season and scored a decent number last year too. He's only 21/22 I'm sure as well.

Assuming Carsy moves on, I think we could do a lot worse than raid Albion Rovers (again, sorry lads) for Ayrton Sonkur who Faz signed for Stranraer a few years back.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I imagine he'll have a few clubs after him. But if we were to get money for Finlay then I would like to see us take a punt on Josh Fowler at Beith. He's got about 25 goals for them this season and scored a decent number last year too. He's only 21/22 I'm sure as well.

Assuming Carsy moves on, I think we could do a lot worse than raid Albion Rovers (again, sorry lads) for Ayrton Sonkur who Faz signed for Stranraer a few years back.

You need to pass these tips on to Faz, Jan.

9 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If we were to get a fee for Finlay would Farrell see a penny of it?

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Heard good things about him so would be great if we got him. It’s not really worked for Carsy under Faz although I know he played great for us for most of this season before his injury. Think it would be time for him to move on. I don’t think Carlo has played a lot for Morton so if we were to loose lynas I would love to see us move for Carlo if he’s out of contract but he is too good for league 2.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've no idea if he was thinking of quitting full stop, but he certainly asked to leave us last summer.

Clicky

I assumed the emotional pain of not playing for us anymore would make all other football seem pointless.

Or

I just made up my own story when trying to remember that article.

57 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

My mate and I went to a Beith game this season when a Stirling game was called off and mentioned at the time that Fowler could probably go up at least 1 if not 2 levels. He looks quick and clinical. Believe he was given a 3 year deal at Beith this season if I’m not mistaken 

1 hour ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

I’d take Blair Malcolm from Albion Rovers for left back. Having 2 full backs that don’t attack does my head in, as does not having men on the posts to defend corners but that’s another matter. 

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Josh Fowler will be on decent money at Beith.

Lad McCann from Pollok knocked you back last summer because he got more money where he was.

Orsi has done well for us this year but I can't help but feel that it's because he's found his level. If he left for QOS then all the best to him.

Gray going would sting a bit. Young, local and exciting, I'd be disappointed if we only got one season from him. 

It would be a hell of a shite start to the summer to lose Gray and Orsi and hold onto Wylde and MacLean. 

11 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Every time I see 'Hot' against this thread I have a feeling of impending disappointment.  And I've not been let down on this occasion either.

Finlay Gray undoubtedly has the potential to go further and a team like QoS could be a decent fit, but be assured Sons fans, if there is so much as a tenner in it your current Chairman and Board will be fully directed by the The Man With The Ban. 

How can Andy Hosie be directing anybody? 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

No I'm really not. Why is anybody taking orders from him? 

Because he controls the club, and the signs have been there for all to see.  Why do you think that a Chairman, Company Secretary and two Associate Directors baled out ?  Why are there only three current Board members ?  Why did Henning Kristoffersen respond to almost all our questions with 'you'll need to ask X' ?  Why did the supporters have to provide funding to get two signings over the line ?  Why did £35K of sponsorship money never materialise ?

I could go on, but that's only the stuff that can be written here.