Sons' sorrow

I was one of those who wouldn't return until he was binned. I've not. 3 years of season tickets in a row (not the most prolific I know) when prices are up with a young family to support. 

It's time for a young enthusiastic manager who's looking to get experience. With this squad and the right gaffer we COULD do something next season. Stagnation under this board and gaffer will see us relegated. 

Someone like Peter Leven. He's relatively local and I think he's away from Russia. 

Time up for Farrell now I’m afraid. It was time up at this point last year but we held on to him - I was willing to give him a shot at getting us back up after a decent start to the season but the truth is that he’s well out his depth. His turgid football and inept tactics eventually outweighed a half decent L2 squad and we’ve been absolute dross for months now.

My real fear is that we’re now going to stagnate in L2 and blend in to this level, similar to how things went when we were relegated from the championship. I’ve no idea how much another season in L2 will affect our budget but crowds of -300 really aren’t going to help. We’re sleepwalking towards finding our level as a bang average L2 club (and have been for a few years now). The board need to wake up and act - I appreciate there’s a bigger picture in regards to ownership etc. but we’re still in control of on field issues and it’s still their job to have us competing. I can’t go another pre-season of “support the manager, let’s push on” drivel.

ETA - at least we have the best top in the country, surely we can’t f**k that up next season…

Edited by THE CHOSEN SON

I don't believe the board will sack Farrell.

I really hope that they do. They should have sacked him last season. They failed to do so and offered him a new contract prematurely. They should have waited until Easter at least and seen how our league season was going to pan out. There was no argument in favour of keeping him last year and there's no argument in favour of keeping him now. The collapse in form was absolutely shocking and completely unacceptable. We now go into the summer knowing that we have mostly  the same group of players who bottled it this season. Farrell's players. Same lack of creativity. Same lack of goals. Same lack of bottle in the big games. Same lack of a plan B.

We should sack Farrell. We should never have offered the likes of Greg Wylde a new contract. Farrell isnt walking away for free and it would take proper leadership from the board to actually sack him.

Given that we have a board, and a chairman, that seem to lack both courage and ability, I expect we're in for an unhappy few days and another shambles next season. Farrell should be clearing out his desk right now. I don't have any kind of faith in the board to make that happen.

He won't resign. We're relying on the club to sack him. I wouldn't be putting money on them making the right decision.

11 minutes ago, microdave said:

Even though we created a new record for clean sheets, in all competitions we have a negative goal difference. 

Does that surprise you?

That hammering through in Stirling undoes an awful lot of 1 goal victories.

The form table for the second half of the season would make interesting reading. We’ve been the worst side in the league for months, lost the title by miles and got completely bodied in the playoffs. How could they possibly think of keeping him.

And yet they will.

Here’s the last 10 (not including the playoff games).

B76C571D-DE6E-417F-BA08-72F601A2F3DB.jpeg.381988168b6d270edd6e373d595e6ebf.jpeg

Really pissed me off the other night when he tried to make out like it was a one off freak result. We’ve been shite for months and pumped several times, and even by his own admission, should’ve been absolutely pumped in the previous game at Annan. About as far from a freak result as you can get.

Edited by FifeSons

34 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I was one of those who wouldn't return until he was binned. I've not. 3 years of season tickets in a row (not the most prolific I know) when prices are up with a young family to support. 

It's time for a young enthusiastic manager who's looking to get experience. With this squad and the right gaffer we COULD do something next season. Stagnation under this board and gaffer will see us relegated. 

Someone like Peter Leven. He's relatively local and I think he's away from Russia. 

I would have liked someone like Scott Agnew, who has been learning, unfortunately Stranraer got there.

Need to bin Farrell first mind you 

33 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I would have liked someone like Scott Agnew, who has been learning, unfortunately Stranraer got there.

Need to bin Farrell first mind you 

I actually couldn’t care less who’s in charge of us, what division we play in or even if we’re winning every week - I just want to watch a football team that attempts to do more than keep a clean sheet as their priority.

Obviously I want us competing in as high a division as possible but it’s Dumbarton, we’re always going to yo-yo between leagues every once in a while. It would be nice to wake up on a Saturday and look forward to watching my team - something I’ve not really felt since Ian Murray was in charge.

There needs to be some communication here between the supporters and the Trust representative on the board/the rest of the board. This can’t be allowed to carry on for another season. If it’s a question of money, then they need to communicate that to us, so we can work out a solution.

Edited by FifeSons