Sons' sorrow

New Captain and Vice Captain are pretty much as expected. I'd imagine they will be our first choice CB pairing and both seem like natural replacements for the role.

Outside of those 2, I wonder who else would have been a candidate for the role. Long maybe or Blair?

3 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

New Captain and Vice Captain are pretty much as expected. I'd imagine they will be our first choice CB pairing and both seem like natural replacements for the role.

Outside of those 2, I wonder who else would have been a candidate for the role. Long maybe or Blair?

Anyone that isn't called Gregg Wylde.

36 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Aron Lynas was the only other one I would've thought of.

That's a squad capable of winning the league. Now, you may be able to say that about several others (I don't know, I haven't been keeping track of other club's business), but the manager can have no complaints.

ETA: If Jan's summer transfer thread is up to date (and I have no doubt it is), we have the best squad on paper right now.

image.png.d35464881c353cd60ce809903490330a.png

Edited by FifeSons

Just now, Brian Carrigan said:

Oh god, what's he done?

Can he be added to the list of ex-Clyde criminals or is it just that he's a complete helmet?

He's not done anything, he was just one player most fans would've liked to have seen moved on but he was signed up prior to the play offs, during which Wylde was hooked at half time (not for the first time that season). When you look at the caliber of player we've brought in, Wylde is a clear weak link in the team and I think SBS was just wondering if Faz was a bit quick to sign him up rather than see what was available. FWIW, I don't think Faz will regret it and he'll see Wylde as a good option on the left and in the dressing room. I don't really agree there and I have my worries but it really all depends on how we line up when the season starts. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's not done anything, he was just one player most fans would've liked to have seen moved on but he was signed up prior to the play offs, during which Wylde was hooked at half time (not for the first time that season). When you look at the caliber of player we've brought in, Wylde is a clear weak link in the team and I think SBS was just wondering if Faz was a bit quick to sign him up rather than see what was available. FWIW, I don't think Faz will regret it and he'll see Wylde as a good option on the left and in the dressing room. I don't really agree there and I have my worries but it really all depends on how we line up when the season starts. 

Unbelievably he had an offer on the table from Cove rangers at the end of the season too. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't expect Gregg Wylde to have too much game time, apparently his role will be more coaching based.

If we have a squad of 20 already signed up (going by the above) I wouldn’t expect to see anymore before the league cup kicks off. No doubt we will see a few trialist a in the friendlies but unless they blow Faz away I can’t see us running with a much bigger squad than that.

Liam Brown and Finlay Gray plying their trade in the same Lowland League midfield would be a travesty for Scotland as a nation.

I've no issue with the wee man wanting to move on to better himself. He's arguably already earned that. But I'd suggest he's being horrendously advised if he chases the money at 21 rather than a career.

The money will come with the talent he's got, progression he showed and his attitude last season. He doesn't have to go after it now.

29 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Liam Brown and Finlay Gray plying their trade in the same Lowland League midfield would be a travesty for Scotland as a nation.

I've no issue with the wee man wanting to move on to better himself. He's arguably already earned that. But I'd suggest he's being horrendously advised if he chases the money at 21 rather than a career.

The money will come with the talent he's got, progression he showed and his attitude last season. He doesn't have to go after it now.

Maybe Gray thinks that playing in Lowland League for a season and getting promoted is the best path for him especially if as rumoured it was a 2 year deal.

I agree though, madness and lack of ambition.