Sons' sorrow

19 minutes ago, microdave said:

Yep, that's the one. Almost ten years ago.

Was that prior to us bleaching East Fife 6-0 at New Bayview  ?

Anyway, today is reminiscent of the astonishing 5-4 win at Forthbank which actually outdid today's rollercoaster by us being 3-0 up, then 3-4 down before finally winning it with a Mark Crilly free-kick.

And remember, today's five was AET 😉

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Was that prior to us bleaching East Fife 6-0 at New Bayview  ?

Anyway, today is reminiscent of the astonishing 5-4 win at Forthbank which actually outdid today's rollercoaster by us being 3-0 up, then 3-4 down before finally winning it with a Mark Crilly free-kick.

And remember, today's five was AET 😉

That East Fife game was in 2011.

Delighted for the players who obviously dug in didnt fold and got the win.That is something we havent seen a lot of lately ( exception vs banks o dee) in the league at least.Lets hope his is some sort of turnaround and that SF proves all the doubters on here..me being probably first on the list ...totally and utterly wrong.I really genuinely hope he does.

Well done Sons. Real memories of the binos game back in 2001 even if the scoring was slightly different.Looking forward to see highlights.

8 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Epic result. Good luck with draw.  Easy win or easy money?  I'd take the money every time.

6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I suppose the advantage of getting a big money tie at this stage, rather than later on, would mean we could maybe spend a bit in January.

Aye, who wants to win football games, eh? Be better to have a proper team give us some of their blue pound and show us a real stadium. Rule Brittania!

Here's one of the notes I keep on my phone regarding the last time we scored x amount of goals in a game amongst other things. And on another note, Stevie Farrell has now moved up to the 14th longest serving manager in terms of games. He's now one ahead of Ian Murray and two behind Jim Chapman.

Screenshot_20231125_210710_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

8 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Aye, who wants to win football games, eh? Be better to have a proper team give us some of their blue pound and show us a real stadium. Rule Brittania!

Who's to say we don't go there and win... we went toe-to-toe with a Premiership side away from home last season, and have a stronger squad this season 😉

7 minutes ago, microdave said:

Here's one of the notes I keep on my phone regarding the last time we scored x amount of goals in a game amongst other things. And on another note, Stevie Farrell has now moved up to the 14th longest serving manager in terms of games. He's now one ahead of Ian Murray and two behind Jim Chapman.

Screenshot_20231125_210710_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

Respect 👏👏

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Who's to say we don't go there and win... we went toe-to-toe with a Premiership side away from home last season, and have a stronger squad this season 😉

Leave the bean counting to the bean counters. Winning games is the joy of fandom. This "we're a wee team so hopefully we earn £47 from a big team" mentality gives me the raging bile duct.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Leave the bean counting to the bean counters. Winning games is the joy of fandom. This "we're a wee team so hopefully we earn £47 from a big team" mentality gives me the raging bile duct.

Is it too much to ask that we win 1-0 at Tynecastle, trouser £40K and get Steven Naismith the bag ?

4 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Yep. I hope we avoid the arse cheeks altogether. I cannot be bothered with their supporters on a matchday. And the ones I work with will try to make out that our wee team should be eternally grateful for their benevolence even though none of them actually go to games. A winnable game please.

That's us now scored four goals away at Workington, Stenny and Clyde. At home to Bonnyrigg. And stuck five past Annan on their own turf.

Not bad going at all.

Michael Ruth and Ryan Wallace might've wasted a hat-trick's worth of chances each today. But they are an excellent duo. Ruth especially has been everything I hoped he would be, and more. A real find. He's got pace, he's got strength, he's good in the air, good with the ball at his feet, good at linking play and is now proving to be a good finisher. But above all that, his workrate is absolutely insane. I don't remember having a striker buzz about forcing defenders into mistakes like he does since Chris Kane.

He's the best natural #9 type striker we've had in a very long time. Probably since Calum Gallagher.

23 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Yeah you're right. Who would want 400 grand from one game win or lose to improve their side with?   Not when you could make bawbees in a glory game at Buckie.

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I was getting regular texts from half-time onwards and by God that was torture.   Apparently at 4-3 down Aidan Smith hit the post with a header and that would have been lights out.  However, what resilience we showed and that's great too see with two really tough league games coming up.  It's great to be able to look forward to the draw (until we land up at Kirkcaldy).

I'm also delighted to see Jinky Hilton getting on the scoresheet and by all accounts it was a cracker, but Ross McLean getting booked for a needless dive in the box wasn't so clever.  But well done Sons and safe journey to all who travelled.

Oh, and don't consult @Jan Vojáček or @BallochSonsFan for the lottery numbers. 

Never one to criticise referees OKIII, but that was a stonewall penalty.  To add insult to injury, the ref booked McLean.

An unforgettable match right enough.  Thought Greg Fleming was going to break our hearts, but class prevailed.  Only downside was our struggle to deal with corner kicks and long throw-ins.  Quite pleased that Tommy Goss was AWOL today

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

Yeah you're right. Who would want 400 grand from one game win or lose to improve their side with?   Not when you could make bawbees in a glory game at Buckie.

Can we just take a moment to pish ourselves at how fanciful this comment is? Reminder: champy is not real, nor a reliable source of information.