Sons' sorrow

34 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

The £120 was the hospitality price was it not? The half season ticket was cheaper again though... 

Correct, so a half-season ticket was £110 or £55 split between two, meaning you effectively could buy a ticket for £77. Loads of them will have done that. It's the only explanation, really.

Edited by FifeSons

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Correct, so a half-season ticket was £110 or £55 split between two, meaning you effectively could buy a ticket for £77. Loads of them will have done that. It's the only explanation, really.

If Rangers fans are stupid enough to pay £77 for a ticket I will happily take their money. However I'd be annoyed if existing season ticket holders missed out because of that

2 hours ago, Elrow said:

Seems strange.

I’ve yet to buy and know others in the same situation. I thought all season ticket holders were guaranteed a ticket until the public sale?  

Still tickets available for season ticket holders until Friday. 

5 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

I bought a half ticket and asked the guy how many we had. 100 plus ordinary 100 plus concession and about 100 junior. Remember for this game players and comps will be greater than normsl

Hospitality over the 2 halls must be about 150 or so ??

Been trying to do the maths in my head; assuming those figures are about right then you'd be looking at 600 tickets solely going to ST holders. Certainly every ST holder I know has bought a second ticket.

Then you'd have players families. Say each player brings four people (mum, dad, partner and one other on average, some less, some more) you'd be looking at roughly another 100 or so. That's 700 already. Probably nearer 800 given we won't have exactly 300ST holders and the player figures are rough. 700 in the away end, 250 between directors, hospitality, press, sponsors, staff and other hingers-on would give us about 1,800. Once you take into account the fact that I don't think every seat can be occupied because of segregation, stewards and rozzers I'm sure the capacity is only about 1900 (1,978 is the highest we had against them in the Championship).

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

If Rangers fans are stupid enough to pay £77 for a ticket I will happily take their money. However I'd be annoyed if existing season ticket holders missed out because of that

Agreed on both points!

Thought your numbers are about the same as I counted, but players were given 20 tickets each. (480) assuming we have a pool of 24. Haven't taken into account Farrell and his staff.

19 hours ago, FifeSons said:

That’s 11 points we’ve now thrown away from 80+ mins this season. (well, technically 9 since we were drawing with Clyde at 80 mins). Though, we did gain late points against Forfar and East Fife at home tbf.

Bonnyrigg (a) 1-0 up, FT 1–1, conceded 81’
Spartans (h) 1-0 up, FT 1-1, conceded 90’
Peterhead (h) 0-0, FT 0-1, conceded 85’
Stenhousemuir (h) 0-0, FT 0-1, conceded 87’
Clyde (h) 4-2 up, FT 4-4, conceded 90’, 90+2’
Peterhead (a) 1-0 up, FT 3-1, conceded 82’, 90’, 90+2’

As a completely pointless fact, if all those games had ended at 80 mins, we’d be 5 points behind Stenny, with a game in hand. As great a run as they’ve been on, trailing them by 16 points is surely unacceptable.

I suspect this shows that our subs coming on with 10-15 mins to go are actually weakening the team instead on providing fresh legs...there's no one on the bench who is anywhere near a game changer 

1 hour ago, Sawkye said:

Thought your numbers are about the same as I counted, but players were given 20 tickets each. (480) assuming we have a pool of 24. Haven't taken into account Farrell and his staff.

This cant be right surely.  24 players x 20 each @ £22 is around ten grand.  I would be amazed if our club would do without that.

I had heard 6 comps each, that should be more than enough for them.

2 hours ago, aftershocker said:

I suspect this shows that our subs coming on with 10-15 mins to go are actually weakening the team instead on providing fresh legs...there's no one on the bench who is anywhere near a game changer 

Farrell’s substitutions tend to be the same or similar week after week. You could set your watch by some of them. And invariably they weaken the team 

48 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Imagine being that desperate to attend a shitey cup game against lower league opposition (that is being broadcast live) that you resort to buying a half season ticket for the opposing side to guarantee a ticket. I’ll gladly accept the daft buffoons money but what a bunch of weirdos!

A fool and his money are easily parted. I don't think that saying has ever been more appropriate than now.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

We maybe need to factor out Mark Durnan for a while, I'm hearing he has a miniscus problem.

A torn meniscus is an absolute pest of an injury if that's what it is. It's not agony like an ACL or anything, it's just a pain to get shot of. You can have a tidy-up operation, but I'd imagine that would rule him out for a wee while. Or you can just wait and it might heal itself. I did it years ago at school. We left it without an op because there would've been a big wait and I'm not a professional athlete, so it really didn't matter. Took me three months for it to get back to a normal level. But about a decade on I still have problems with that knee; it locks a lot and it just feels like there's no strength in it most of the time. Changing direction on astroturf makes it feel like it's just going to collapse.

Why do we always end up with our captains getting knee injuries? First McGeever and now Durnan? Three seasons effectively playing without our captain because of a knee problem is extremely unfortunate.

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

We maybe need to factor out Mark Durnan for a while, I'm hearing he has a miniscus problem.

I have heard he is walking with a limp so I can’t imagine he’ll be playing fitba’ any time soon. 

Mark Durnan has struggled with injury throughout his entire career and I’m fairly sure Crighton had a bad one in recent seasons. The fact it has taken until January to sort out backup for that position, whilst we have an abundance of midfielders sitting on the bench contributing nothing, is just terrible squad management and is a big factor in our recent struggles IMO. 

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Imagine being that desperate to attend a shitey cup game against lower league opposition (that is being broadcast live) that you resort to buying a half season ticket for the opposing side to guarantee a ticket. I’ll gladly accept the daft buffoons money but what a bunch of weirdos!

But you get extra Staunch points