Sons' sorrow

26 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Some daft transfer rumours account on Twitter suggested they got £125k but I’d take that with a pinch of salt.

Fake news. 

I asked how he was doing in the Lowland League as I hadn’t seen much mention of his name. There was a general discussion between a few folk about his numbers being fairly poor this year compared to the likes of Niah Joseph. You mentioned Farrell probably not wanting to sign him anyway and I said neither would I IF he was underperforming in the league below. 

Not sure if you meant the transfer was fake news but it's on SkySports now 😂 as I said before, wild.

20240201_134649.jpg

27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Fake news. 

I asked how he was doing in the Lowland League as I hadn’t seen much mention of his name. There was a general discussion between a few folk about his numbers being fairly poor this year compared to the likes of Niah Joseph. You mentioned Farrell probably not wanting to sign him anyway and I said neither would I IF he was underperforming in the league below. 

Haha fair! I certainly can't claim that I foresaw an English Premier League side coming in for him, but it's quite funny that they have - and also quite strange given he doesn't seem to have lit up the LL.

9 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Not sure if you meant the transfer was fake news but it's on SkySports now 😂 as I said before, wild.

20240201_134649.jpg

Not at all, both Rovers and Burnley announced it on Twitter this morning.

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Haha fair! I certainly can't claim that I foresaw an English Premier League side coming in for him, but it's quite funny that they have - and also quite strange given he doesn't seem to have lit up the LL.

Indeed, I don’t think I can remember a player making such a jump. They did announce he’s going into their u23 squad but hopefully he can make an impact and I sincerely hope the lad has a successful career down there. Maybe Kalvin Orsi will be next.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Not at all, both Rovers and Burnley announced it on Twitter this morning.

Indeed, I don’t think I can remember a player making such a jump. They did announce he’s going into their u23 squad but hopefully he can make an impact and I sincerely hope the lad has a successful career down there. Maybe Kalvin Orsi will be next.

Reminds me a bit of Jamie Stevenson to Mallorca (I think) when they were in La Liga. I'm sure there was also a guy who went from East Fife to Spurs in the early 2000s, but I can't remember his name.

Good luck to the lad. 

He tore us a new one in the first 15 mins of the 1-5 defeat in March last year when we were still top of table. . 

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Reminds me a bit of Jamie Stevenson to Mallorca (I think) when they were in La Liga. I'm sure there was also a guy who went from East Fife to Spurs in the early 2000s, but I can't remember his name.

Andy Rodgers not do similar?

22 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Fomer Sons player Denis McLaughlin played for a La Liga team's B squad before going to Hearts and then Dumbarton. Scorer of a 400 (FOUR HUNDRED) yard volley against Shire at The Rock.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Some daft transfer rumours account on Twitter suggested they got £125k but I’d take that with a pinch of salt.

Fake news. 

I'll be speaking to Niyah Joseph's mum in 11 minutes so I'll see if I can hammer out a deal.

1 hour ago, PWL said:

Andy Rodgers not do similar?

Great knowledge, I didn't know that. You're spot on, according to Wikipedia, but just a trial, rather than a permanent deal.

Steven Ferguson is the East Fife player I was thinking of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Ferguson_(footballer,_born_1982)

I suppose Neill Collins is the biggest one we've had.

50 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Fomer Sons player Denis McLaughlin played for a La Liga team's B squad before going to Hearts and then Dumbarton. Scorer of a 400 (FOUR HUNDRED) yard volley against Shire at The Rock.

Great player. Strange he didn't seem to have much of a career after us.

9 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Great player. Strange he didn't seem to have much of a career after us.

Didn't really think about him after he left us. Looks like he chucked it years ago. Or has been playing at a level not covered by reports. Probably realised he'd peaked by turning out for us.

3 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Hope Rovers got good money for him. A proper club with a great stadium. Give me them any day over diddies like Bonnyrigg and Kelty.

What makes Albion rovers a proper club and Bonnyrigg not?