Sons' sorrow

48 minutes ago, OKsons2020 said:

There were shouts for Farrel to quit , walk, usual disgruntled comments followed by a shout for a change and bring on a particular  player , which was then followed by  " is said player shagging your wife , what has he done wrong " or words to that effect  . That was the comment in its entirety   . 

If that's what was actually said, it's wild that's required two statements and caused all this fuss :lol:

Edited by FifeSons

Remind me not to have breakfast at your table. The demands for Jim to walk, resign, or you should be sacked l believe are fine.but the statement about player and wife was way over the top. Saying that let's not move on and hope for a better future. 

1 hour ago, OKsons2020 said:

There were shouts for Farrel to quit , walk, usual disgruntled comments followed by a shout for a change and bring on a particular  player , which was then followed by  " is said player shagging your wife , what has he done wrong " or words to that effect  . That was the comment in its entirety   . 

Iv been given more abuse at the breakfast table .   Personally I think it's gone way over the top and has now created a smoke screen for how poor Saturdays result was .

What happened to sticks n stones , sure if it were the big two and everytime there was something aimed at the managers  ..they're would be empty stadiums . But because we're in such a small number it's easy to pin point folk and put blame.  

Again we are living in the time of snowflake generation. 

On the park , we're maybe about to see a team fight for their lives and watch the great escape........ failing that it could be far worse and keep sinking. 

There are players in there , we need to go back to the style of play we witnessed at the beginning of the season . 

This is a terrible take and your snowflake generation comment purely highlights you as an utter gammon.

Without going into details I’m led to believe Farrell’s family member is going through a tough time personally which means it probably cut him pretty deep. Did the guy who shouted it know that? Probably not. The moral of that story is that you don’t really know what people are going through so the best course of action is to keep your mouth shut with regards personal insults. 

Did we require two statements and a reminder of how we should all behave? Absolutely not, but if someone shouted something about my wife I’d want to knock them out. Being at the football doesn’t excuse it.

Both Parties are playing their part on Saturdays events. First of all the lad who shouted the personal jibe at Faz obviously wasn't too know about the troubles going in behind closed doors in Faz personal life but with that being said it was still a remarkably stupid thing to shout and I'm pretty sure if any of us where Stevie we'd be just as equally as fuming. You could quite clearly see the regret that left the lads face as he shouted it and quite clearly shat the bed when Faz turned round. Having spoken to the lad in question a good few times he seems a total different lad at home games compared to away perhaps bevvy plays its part on our travels. The reaction of another well known fan who has been an absolute fud in recent but seems to have such a small role with the club now but feels he has massive importance, with his stupid roaring voice made sure anyone who didn't hear the initial slur soon knew something had happened. Idiot. Was the slur out of order and unacceptable? Yes. Was there any need for the statements etc? Probably not. Shambles on and off the park just now though so wouldn't expect anything else. 

Think it's time to draw a line under this and move on. Last thing DFC needs is fans arguing over stupid shouts from the terracing. If we are going to survive we need to be shoulder to shoulder against the owner and board.

Looking at the fixtures, I suspect this Saturday will be the day we see East Fife overtake Bonnyrigg as our main challenger. I don't think East Fife will suddenly develop title winning form, but say they win 6 of their remaining 11 games and lose 5 (strong playoff contender form), that's going to require more than 10 points from us. Have we got that in us? We're barely averaging a point at game atm; 0.78 PPG from the last quarter. Saturday is a must win, especially with the next four after that: Peterhead (h), Stranraer (a), East Fife (a), Spartans (a).

Edited by FifeSons

9 minutes ago, Sawkye said:

Think it's time to draw a line under this and move on. Last thing DFC needs is fans arguing over stupid shouts from the terracing. If we are going to survive we need to be shoulder to shoulder against the owner and board.

It IS time to draw a line and move on but not before I say this.  The Trust is a supporters representative body and as such we have a duty to respond to any behaviour, verbal or otherwise, which may be offensive to anyone, be that players, club or match officials or fellow supporters.

No-one wants to be having to take people aside or banning people but it's a two-way bargain.  The statement was by way of a reminder to everyone that there does exist a line as to what is and what isn't acceptable, and we don't apologise for that.

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It IS time to draw a line and move on but not before I say this.  The Trust is a supporters representative body and as such we have a duty to respond to any behaviour, verbal or otherwise, which may be offensive to anyone, be that players, club or match officials or fellow supporters.

No-one wants to be having to take people aside or banning people but it's a two-way bargain.  The statement was by way of a reminder to everyone that there does exist a line as to what is and what isn't acceptable, and we don't apologise for that.

Tough talk. Maybe you and @Bring Back Paddy Flannery should have a straightener? My money's on the auld yin. Kick to kill. No weapons.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

This is a terrible take and your snowflake generation comment purely highlights you as an utter gammon.

Without going into details I’m led to believe Farrell’s family member is going through a tough time personally which means it probably cut him pretty deep. Did the guy who shouted it know that? Probably not. The moral of that story is that you don’t really know what people are going through so the best course of action is to keep your mouth shut with regards personal insults. 

Did we require two statements and a reminder of how we should all behave? Absolutely not, but if someone shouted something about my wife I’d want to knock them out. Being at the football doesn’t excuse it.

I am highly offended and therefore wanting a statement from P&B rapid. Lmao haha cock .

Anyways time to move on as its wasted more time than its actually worth .

I drove past Glenhead Park, home of Drumchapel Amateurs and former home of Clydebank, this morning. The pitch is like a bowling green. It just rubs salt in the wound that an amateur stadium has a perfect pitch and a 'professional' team play on a pitch worse than the ones at Argyll Park.

4 hours ago, OKsons2020 said:

Iv been given more abuse at the breakfast table .   Personally I think it's gone way over the top and has now created a smoke screen for how poor Saturdays result was .

What happened to sticks n stones , sure if it were the big two and everytime there was something aimed at the managers  ..they're would be empty stadiums . But because we're in such a small number it's easy to pin point folk and put blame.  

Again we are living in the time of snowflake generation. 

On the park , we're maybe about to see a team fight for their lives and watch the great escape........ failing that it could be far worse and keep sinking. 

There are players in there , we need to go back to the style of play we witnessed at the beginning of the season . 

No need for the personal comments aimed at the manager, but I was expecting it to be worse given the hush hush nature of it on here.  Although if there are circumstances with his family as suggested on here then I can see why it might have hit a bit harder.  I hope all is well.

I think the club have made an arse of this, surely this could have been dealt with privately.  Clearly people know the person in question.  The public statement makes our support look like bandits when in reality I could count 5/6 sour incidents in the last 40 years at best.

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I drove past Glenhead Park, home of Drumchapel Amateurs and former home of Clydebank, this morning. The pitch is like a bowling green. It just rubs salt in the wound that an amateur stadium has a perfect pitch and a 'professional' team play on a pitch worse than the ones at Argyll Park.

Ssshhh, Clyde will hear you.

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

This is one for @microdave or @Jan Vojáček.  

I'm wondering if Ryan Wallace may have created some sort of record - did he ever play a full ninety minutes for us ?

Ryan Wallace played a full 90 minutes six times in his 58 appearances for us based on my maths. But not since April 1 last year in a 2-1 defeat to Stenny.

His other 90 minutes were on his debut against Stirling Albion in July 2022. A 0-0 draw with Forfar in October 2022. In the 1-1 at Bonnyrigg in December 2022. The 2-1 loss to Forfar in January last year. In back-to-back games against East Fife and Elgin (both defeats) last February. 

20 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Ryan Wallace played a full 90 minutes six times in his 58 appearances for us based on my maths. But not since April 1 last year in a 2-1 defeat to Stenny.

His other 90 minutes were on his debut against Stirling Albion in July 2022. A 0-0 draw with Forfar in October 2022. In the 1-1 at Bonnyrigg in December 2022. The 2-1 loss to Forfar in January last year. In back-to-back games against East Fife and Elgin (both defeats) last February. 

He was, and probably still is, a very good footballer.

He's always been an impetuous immature individual however. Someone who requires a cuddle at times. Darren Young was quite good at this, but even his patience was limited.

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

He was, and probably still is, a very good footballer.

He's always been an impetuous immature individual however. Someone who requires a cuddle at times. Darren Young was quite good at this, but even his patience was limited.

He's whingy as hell on the park. Especially towards referees. But I don't think we ever had an issue with his professionalism on or off the park to be honest. Faz always spoke highly of him on and off the record, and (aside from the odd bollocking for a crap pass or taking the wrong option) I didn't really ever see him having any issues with his teammates. Obviously that could've all changed (or I might be wrong, but I was expecting/fearing him to be fair worse than he was!)

I sat with him and a few players from both sides up at Peterhead after the midweek game last month for a bit, and he just seemed like another one of the squad. We slagged off the park, complained about the travelling for a midweek and just generally covered the topics you'd cover with a player after a midweek defeat!

He's obviously prone to losing the head on the park and picking up daft bookings for dissent. And he has the incident that got him sacked by Airdrie as a kid on his CV, but I don't think there was ever any issue with him at The Rock. He's not naturally an athlete, but I couldn't ever fault his work ethic either. He covered a lot of ground, he tracked back and did his work defensively. 

I spoke to him a few times for the paper too and he was always decent. Not one of the guys who enjoys the media side, but he was polite and quite self-depreciating which I always like.

Genuinely the only issue I have with him from his entire 18 months with us was that he should've scored double the number of goals he did. He's such a good striker of a ball, but he was (and he joins a large club in this regard) just never ever clinical for us. We'll miss him massively though.

A goals to games ratio of circa 1 in 6 isn't good enough for a striker, certainly not one who is clearly one of the most talented with a ball in the squad. You could argue he was in and out of the team or argue about service, but he generally never looked like shooting or therefore scoring for the most part.