Sons' sorrow

The most games we've ever drawn consecutively is four which was in Jan/Feb 1999. They were all league games so this is the first time we've done that in quarter of a century although the challenge cup game against Berwick is a bit of an interruption.

2 hours ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Just saw faz mention a CB hopefully incoming this week and noticed Efe Ambrose has left Bury due to travelling from Scotland for games and training 👀 but hopefully it will be a young loan player from premiership 

He mentions "Premier League Clubs" and the player having matches to play this week... hope is doesn't fall through for one reasons or another as it could be huge for us this season.

Well that was a rollercoaster of emotions yesterday. If you want more of a DFC fix the woman’s team are in action against Bishopton in Erskin, 3:00 kick off.

Park Mains High School
Barrhill Road
Erskine
PA8 6EY

3 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

Well that was a rollercoaster of emotions yesterday. If you want more of a DFC fix the woman’s team are in action against Bishopton in Erskin, 3:00 kick off.

Park Mains High School
Barrhill Road
Erskine
PA8 6EY

Good luck to them, especially in this weather.

Broomhill Squatters v Bo'ness Utd at The Rock today should be a hoot.

7 hours ago, Elrow said:

I see gall has liked the gaffers interview after the game….

I don't see it being Lennon given his comments. He's said the player is still involved in games for their clubs, Lennon hasn't been near a first team squad. 

Although on looking at the Facebook post it appears the City of London Labour Party has also liked his interview, so perhaps it's Keir Starmer.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I don't see it being Lennon given his comments. He's said the player is still involved in games for their clubs, Lennon hasn't been near a first team squad. 

Although on looking at the Facebook post it appears the City of London Labour Party has also liked his interview, so perhaps it's Keir Starmer.

I may be wrong, but I don't think this has anything to do with it.

My take on it is that it's likely to involve either Killie or St Mirren who both have European return legs this week and it is often the practice to have all levels of the playing staff involved/in attendance in the build-up.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think this has anything to do with it.

My take on it is that it's likely to involve either Killie or St Mirren who both have European return legs this week and it is often the practice to have all levels of the playing staff involved/in attendance in the build-up.

St Mirren got knocked out of Europe by Brann and don't have a game this week; so it'll be Killie or Hearts I reckon.

8 minutes ago, George Parr said:

I liked Gallagher Lennon and his improvement through the months he spent with us last term was commendable but I think and hope we'll be aiming for more of a like-for-like replacement on Crighton. 

Very much this. Lennon’s best spell for us was at left back and we need a proper, natural centre back in the door. We’ve been flingin square pegs into that position for too long now.

49 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

St Mirren got knocked out of Europe by Brann and don't have a game this week; so it'll be Killie or Hearts I reckon.

Could it be Daniel Oyegoke? I believe he came on for 5 mins on the opening day (something I'm sure Faz mentioned) but he also came on in Europe and scored the OG last week... he also played 45 mins vs Dundee but was hooked at half time.

I'm just excited at us being linked with some players just now 😂

Screenshot_20240826_101950_FotMob.jpg

Edited by squeezebox-son

1 minute ago, squeezebox-son said:

Could it be Daniel Ogeyoke? I believe he came on for 5 mins on the opening day (something I'm sure Faz mentioned) but he also came on in Europe and scored the OG last week... he also played 45 mins vs Dundee but was hooked at half time.

I'm just excited at us being linked with some players just now 😂

Screenshot_20240826_101950_FotMob.jpg

As much as that guy sounds like he’s having a bit of a nightmate I’d be surprised if it’s someone who’s that involved in the first team. They just signed him for a fee this season as well and 

It will be some youngster who is very much on the fringes and is needed to beef up numbers on the bench incase of injuries. I think Kilmarnock have one or two highly rated young centre backs in the ranks so perhaps it’s something along those lines. 

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

As much as that guy sounds like he’s having a bit of a nightmate I’d be surprised if it’s someone who’s that involved in the first team. They just signed him for a fee this season as well and 

It will be some youngster who is very much on the fringes and is needed to beef up numbers on the bench incase of injuries. I think Kilmarnock have one or two highly rated young centre backs in the ranks so perhaps it’s something along those lines. 

You're probably more than right, I jumped over and spent 5 mins looking at the squads and found him 😂 I'd hope Faz and Co spent a bit more time than that to find a suitable candidate! 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

My bad Jan, Killie and Hearts will join them this week and Monsieur Clement's plea for 'B' teams will get megaphone treatment from the usual media suspects.

What's the Lennox costing this week btw ?

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

My bad Jan, Killie and Hearts will join them this week and Monsieur Clement's plea for 'B' teams will get megaphone treatment from the usual media suspects.

What's the Lennox costing this week btw ?

10p more than it did last week 😭

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We now know what Fifesons is doing in the smoke!!!LOL