Sons' sorrow

I'm sure The Monk was playing for Larkhall Thistle last season.Ewings had about 3-4 decent games last season and was very lucky not to cost us the Hamilton game at home. He has at least mental moment per game.

I think you mean Grindlay at home to Hamilton. Two shots from outside the box straight over his head, one from Ali Crawford and one from a centre half: Both of which Ewings would have saved. Also, against Hamilton at home (may have been a different game), we're 3-2 up when they get a last minute free kick, which goes straight into Grindlay's hands, he then drops it and they score.

Ewings was absolutely outstanding in the 2-0 win against Patrick Thistle before being subbed off. Grindlay also did well after coming on to replace him. Theoretically, if our defence is strong enough we shouldn't even need a goalkeeper so I'm happy we have two good keepers signed on.

We definitely need a striker and another defender. A few midfielders for back up would benefit us also, but are not a necessity.

I think you mean Grindlay at home to Hamilton. Two shots from outside the box straight over his head, one from Ali Crawford and one from a centre half: Both of which Ewings would have saved. Also, against Hamilton at home (may have been a different game), we're 3-2 up when they get a last minute free kick, which goes straight into Grindlay's hands, he then drops it and they score.

Nope, pretty sure it was Ewings needlessly coming out his box and kicking it straight to Stevie May who put it into an empty net, straight after that he came rushing out again and brought down the striker which should've been a penalty but luckily the ref was penalty and gave a free kick. We then broke up the park and scored but there was no need for it to be as close as it was.

not to mention penalty against morton at home in first few minutes. not the first time i recall. there was an admittance of blame from stevie against raith i recall at their first goal then went on to be outstanding and won man of the match i seem to remember. only one stevie g. up there with mcgurn .

On the stats front last season. Jaz kept 4 league clean sheets (including first half v Thistle). Shay kept 1 (second half v Thistle). Both have strengths and weaknesses,Jamie is more agile but his decison making is poor. Stevie is an excellent shot stopper but as mentioned is let down by his inability to cope with crosses. I'm confident though with the signings of Smith,McGinn and holding onto CT and Graham then whoever goes in goals will concede less than last season.

Dont get me wrong I'm not claiming Shay to be an unbeatable amazing 'keeper or that I just think hes the better of the two.

Keepers debate over, they are both occasional bomb-scares, it all adds to the fun.

Now, what about some new, and with the greatest respect I don't mean Owen Ronald, faces arriving at The Rock ?

Keepers debate over, they are both occasional bomb-scares, it all adds to the fun.

Now, what about some new, and with the greatest respect I don't mean Owen Ronald, faces arriving at The Rock ?

Well said!. I really hope we don't resign Ronald,never did enough to impress me and doesn't look a D1 class player.

Seems he was useless at Stenny last year. To be honest, I don't think we need another winger.

I agree. We need a centre-forward with the physical presence of Joe Jordan, the aerial ability of Derek Johnstone, the goalscoring instincts of Henrik Larsson, the unbridled malice of Drew Busby and the suspicion of a moustache.