Sons' sorrow

Is Mitch Megginson the ex-Brechin striker? As well as Alloa, it would seem?

If so, I can't say he's ever left a lasting impression on me, so don't have much to say regarding his signing (if indeed it's true), but I'm prepared to trust Murray given how successful he's been so far.

Not that much positivity about Mitch Megginson signing. If someone had said this time last year you have a choice of 2 strikers, mitch megginson or Jim Lister i'm pretty sure most folk would have said Megginson and look at the season Lister had. He could well be a great signing for us.

Not that much positivity about Mitch Megginson signing. If someone had said this time last year you have a choice of 2 strikers, mitch megginson or Jim Lister i'm pretty sure most folk would have said Megginson and look at the season Lister had. He could well be a great signing for us.

Can't say I was too keen on the Lister signing this time last year but I also highly doubt most folk would have preferred the household name that is Mitch Megginson.

He may well turn out to be a cracking signing but my expectations were higher given the high calibre of Murray's signings so far and the fact we need a first choice striker signed up to play alongside Fleming. Murray could be looking at trying a different formation but if not I personally don't feel Prunty is good enough to be a regular starter in this league.

Noted, but you lads said the same thing about Jim Lister.

We did, and like everybody else I think we were very surprised by Lister having the season of his life at Dumbarton. Lister did however have some good games for Alloa and you could tell that he could be an effective player, albeit I didn't see him doing much at Division 1 level. Megginson on the other hand did very little at all at the Recs and was pretty much anonymous. I suspected he would be following the well trodden path of Aberdeen - Peterhead - Highland League. Perhaps with a change of scene though and a bit more confidence he can do a job for the Sons, I think he scored plenty for Aberdeen youth teams so he must have something about him. Good luck to him.

He's only 20 for pete's sake - let's give the lad a chance. At such a young age I suspect he has not been signed as a first team regular.

He has also played for the Scottish U17s and U19s so he must have something about him and something that can be brought on with good coaching. Whether Dumbarton is the right place for that is another matter.

well, when the big teams roll into town, you have to pay the premium.....

£10 to see Hibs, now that's a different matter.

I won't be paying £10 to see Hibs. If I go I'll be paying to see Sons.

Thought he looked okay when he played and scored against us when at Arbroath. maybe signing for a team permanently will let him settle down and if he's low on confidence I'm sure Murrinho will soon remedy that. Welcome to the club Eminem.

If this is a done deal why is there nothing on the OS ?

Saw Megginson twice at Palmy. The first time he was very impressive for Aberdeen in their 2-1 victory. I remember he was very good in the air and had good technical ability. The 2nd game was for Alloa in their 1-0 defeat. In this game he wasn't nearly as effective but still showed in flashes what he was capable of given the right service. Could be a great signing imo

There still not being anything on the official site is a bit puzzling, if of course it was a done deal. If it's MM stating that he's signing before it' all been signed and sealed, then perhaps it'll be confirmed this weekend.

Pre-season starting this weekend, hopefully we'll have a good one and hit the ground running when the first competitive matches start in a few weeks time.