Sons' sorrow

Think we should be looking to get Miller back next year, he looks a real good prospect but I don't expect him to break into the Celtic team.

I'd love to see him in a sons shirt next season, he adds pace to our defence which we were lacking in the game against QOTS.

Agree about miller, don't think he's near celtics first team, should be looking to get him back, his performances keep getting better.

Seen him in the town yesterday.

Hell never come back after seeing the shit-hole that is Dumbarton Town Centre.

Record saying Mitch wanted by 2 premiership teams, I fear we may be broken up this summer due to us doing so well this year. Murray will have some rebuilding job or have to use all his persuasive powers to talk them into staying.

To be fair, Murray said about Mitch that players like him are looking to drop back in order to go forward and his goal record this year has probably turned a few heads. If any of our players get a move to a full-time team they'll go with our best wishes. I don't think it's time to worry though, players will go but we'll be in the best position possible to attract the best part-time players to the club. If Murray's still here I'm confident we'll put a competent side together.

I think unless some good offers come in then many of our players will stay part-time. The money in full time football in the Championship isn't great and many of our players will probably be earning more from working and playing part-time than they would if they went full time. It can also be less stressful for a player to play part time as they don't have that worry that an injury or loss of form could see them out a job. I'm quietly confident we will still have a decent side next year, every other part time player in the country will no doubt be interested in playing for us, Muzz and Jack have a good reputation amongst players and the promise of games at Ibrox, Tynecastle and possibly Easter Road next season may be enough to persuade some of the current mob to re-sign.

Record saying Mitch wanted by 2 premiership teams, I fear we may be broken up this summer due to us doing so well this year. Murray will have some rebuilding job or have to use all his persuasive powers to talk them into staying.

I'd be pretty astonished at this TBH - he has had a good season, scoring some cracking goals, but seldom really 'imposes' himself on games, Pittodrie apart.

And I think everyone should begin to see the kiss the badge routine for what it is - a sham. Modern fitba is all about one-year deals and loans and just about every team will have the pack shuffled in the close season. And don't forget mercenary players.

Just enjoy each season as it comes, Morton are a good example of just what can happen in next to no time.

As moonster says, we will be in a good position to bring in the best part time players and also if (please) Murray stays I'm confident he can find more players that aren't quite making it in the prem (like mcginn, Mitch) and bring them here to improve themselves.

do you think Murray will move on ??

no disrespect to Dumbarton , but surely , having done so well , surely its only a matter of time before a bigger , or full time , club come in for him ??

has he said anything about moving on or is he happy to stay and let his stock rise further ??

its a gamble for him.....if it was me , I think I would probably stay to see what can be acheived with DFC.....

as someone said before....Scotlands best part time team.....

He said in the press last week he's in contract talks and hopes to stay on.

I think unless some good offers come in then many of our players will stay part-time. The money in full time football in the Championship isn't great and many of our players will probably be earning more from working and playing part-time than they would if they went full time. It can also be less stressful for a player to play part time as they don't have that worry that an injury or loss of form could see them out a job. I'm quietly confident we will still have a decent side next year, every other part time player in the country will no doubt be interested in playing for us, Muzz and Jack have a good reputation amongst players and the promise of games at Ibrox, Tynecastle and possibly Easter Road next season may be enough to persuade some of the current mob to re-sign.

this has been my thinking and was thinking fringe players and McGinn may leave but hearing about Mitch made me 're think, if Murray stays hopefully players will follow suit

do you think Murray will move on ??

no disrespect to Dumbarton , but surely , having done so well , surely its only a matter of time before a bigger , or full time , club come in for him ??

has he said anything about moving on or is he happy to stay and let his stock rise further ??

its a gamble for him.....if it was me , I think I would probably stay to see what can be acheived with DFC.....

as someone said before....Scotlands best part time team.....

I think he'll be here at the start of next season but I highly doubt he'll be here this time next year....

Either way there's no denying the job he's done and he'll leave with everyone's best wishes - hopefully if he does leave we go for another young manager and not a dinosaur like Duffy / Nicholl / McCall etc.

I think he'll be here at the start of next season but I highly doubt he'll be here this time next year....

Either way there's no denying the job he's done and he'll leave with everyone's best wishes - hopefully if he does leave we go for another young manager and not a dinosaur like Duffy / Nicholl / McCall etc.

Here's a question, would we prefer Murray built a squad over the summer but was nabbed early in the season (after the transfer window had closed), meaning the new manager coming in would have to work with Murray's squad or would we rather that Murray went earlier meaning that a new manager coming in could build his own squad?

aye mate...looks like it .

I spoke about this on our own site.....folk moaning about the youngteam (dafties they may be , but in the whole harmless ) , but backing the "heed man".....

if any football fan did that in the stadium (or out in the street for that matter ), then they would have got jailed , with a wee weekend lie in , and a probable football ban .

different rules for different folk.........

You'll hear no argument from me.

Here's a question, would we prefer Murray built a squad over the summer but was nabbed early in the season (after the transfer window had closed), meaning the new manager coming in would have to work with Murray's squad or would we rather that Murray went earlier meaning that a new manager coming in could build his own squad?

Ooft. Toughie. I suspect I'd always rather any new manager had time to prepare his own squad, that way you get a more accurate reading of their abilities.