Sons' sorrow

Genuine question. If Murray leaves how do you guys fancy your chances next season. He's done a remarkable job for you guys but i suspect he can't take you any further than last season.

It will be difficult whatever happens but for obvious reasons, not least continuity, it would be better if he were still in place at DFC. There will always be a limit to what clubs like Dumbarton and Cowden can ever achieve but gaining a fourth season in the Championship would still be great achievement for both of us.

What really bothers me is the timing of this current speculation; if it was during the season when a squad was fully in place then that would be one thing, but we are heading for pre-season with a need to add to a pretty basic (in all senses) list of signed players and everything now seems to be in a state of suspended animation awaiting Hibs' appointment. It's a worry.

Aitken would probably be one of the better shouts out of the part time managers about. Bollan isn't long in the door at Airdrie? Please not Allan Moore.

I actually rate Moore, I think his players deserted him in his third year at ton, built a good team at ton and Albion. Plus also a sons legend, was my favourite sons player growing up Edited by optimistic

Genuine question. If Murray leaves how do you guys fancy your chances next season. He's done a remarkable job for you guys but i suspect he can't take you any further than last season.

He answered that specific point yesterday by saying that Alex Ferguson stayed at Manchester United after winning the treble.

If Murray does leave, I'd only fancy our chances of staying up next season with Jack Ross in charge.

That's fine if Jack doesn't go with him? I'm unsure on whether Ian would take the team with him. They are the guys who have worked with him to build his reputation and they definitely seem to work well together.

I got the PM and wasn't'surprised who sons'r'us is. Didn't realise that Ian Murray was a P&B'er but there you go!!

Should be smiley here. 'kin phone.

Edited by Casey