Sons' sorrow

I wouldn't take any of the 07/08 team in place of what we have today. They had a phenomenal run up to the end of the season but for two thirds of it they were average at best. Admittedly they were a vast improvement on what we had seen for in the preceding seasons but that wasn't difficult.

The 07/08 team was dross. It was 08/09 that was title winning season, some of the football we played was brilliant and the defensive record was outstanding- remember 737 minutes without conceding!

But aye you're right, very few of the players from that squad would get near this squad but the gulf in class between the Third and First division is massive and very few players can make that jump.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I envy DFC.

Team i grew up watching my team lock horns for many seasons from trips to boghead when u had the 3Coyles right thro close games when we played at Douglas Park folllowed by a Murdo mcleod goal beating us at broadwood when neither of us could buy a win that season,Suppose bit like just now for my team..

Fair play to everyone at your club for your current league status and position

Proper football club with fans beside...

Cheers, SSB. I'm a bit of a Clyde fanboy. For all their on and off field troubles, they have one of the best supports in the lower leagues and I have several Clyde supporting mates. Had a blast at the playoff game against East Fife.

Must have missed that, he wasn't on the initial list they tweeted. In reality these lists mean nothing as they only determine where people are putting money, he's high profile on the back of the Rangers game so will draw more bets. He won't get it.

Must have missed that, he wasn't on the initial list they tweeted. In reality these lists mean nothing as they only determine where people are putting money, he's high profile on the back of the Rangers game so will draw more bets. He won't get it.

Don't disagree with that.

He's from Paisley I believe. That combined with the high profile victory against Rangers to progress to a cup final is probably why folk are sticking money on him.